Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Get the most money or get the best info?

I'm not sure if my turn play is correct. Would you rather trap both players with a c-r or lead into the aggressor to get better and cheaper info? I don't think being 4 handed matters much to my question, but if you think it's worth posting elsewhere, please say so. Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Munga30 is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Munga30 raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Munga30 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Munga30 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Munga30 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Munga30 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Munga30 raises</font> . . .
Old 06-26-2004, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Get the most money or get the best info?

Hey Munga,

I'm not sure how much response you'll get here 'cause not too many players are familiar with 3 and 4-handed play. I, on the other hand, absolutely love them!

The most important thing about playing short is knowing your players. Not just loose/passive or weak/tight, but their tendencies and habits. How do they play overs if they were the PF aggressor? How do they play top pair versus a PF aggressor? Middle pair? How do they play draws? What are their showdown requirements out of position versus a PF aggressor? The list goes on and on, but what I'm trying to say is that the absense of those type of reads or any reads whatsoever being absent from your post is not good. You need to start trying to pick up those type of things or if you already are, become more conscious of them. They should have everything to do with how you play every single hand this short.

Having said that, I would have played your hand the exact same way against any mix of opponents.

GoT
Old 06-26-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Get the most money or get the best info?

GoT is back!