Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 06:56 AM

Default 3/6 6m JJ

UTG is mentally retarded; he's always got two cards as he is 88/45. CO is 28/15/2.6 and solid.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (15.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 09-09-2005, 07:06 AM

Default Re: 3/6 6m JJ

I can't decide whether I like raising the turn or the river better.

Turn:
<ul type="square">[*]Prevent AK and AQ from having odds to draw out on you.[*]More fold equity against QQ and KK. (You don't have much, but you have some).[/list]
River:
<ul type="square">[*]Get the maximum from CO's AK, AQ, and possibly AT.[*]Less fold equity against QQ, probably won't ever fold out KK this way.[*]Prevent a nasty 3-bet from CO's AA.[/list]
I'm leaning toward raising the turn here, but it's really close. I think your line is definitely better than calling down, I just can't decide if raising the turn is even better.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:13 AM

I like raising the turn
Old 09-09-2005, 07:15 AM

i don't know, i don't like the river at all...

i think UTG CO is folding an overpair here never since the pot is soo freaking big and he is getting like 19-2 on his river call...if he i solid he has to put you on a big pair here or AT, if he has QQ/KK/AA he should look you up because the only hands he loses too are TT/77 and he probably knows that UTG could have anything...

CO's most likely hand is overcards since he didn't raise the turn...

what about calling the river and folding if CO raises?
Old 09-09-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know, i don't like the river at all...

i think UTG CO is folding an overpair here never since the pot is soo freaking big and he is getting like 19-2 on his river call...if he i solid he has to put you on a big pair here or AT, if he has QQ/KK/AA he should look you up because the only hands he loses too are TT/77 and he probably knows that UTG could have anything...

CO's most likely hand is overcards since he didn't raise the turn...

what about calling the river and folding if CO raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to me that raising the river is more about getting value from UTG than it is from folding out CO. CO folding QQ any amount of the time here is just gravy.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:19 AM

yeah, good point...

since CO isn't calling with overs anyway and they are most likely, raising is fine, although i think raising the turn might be better as well as helping to define CO's hand, or knock out CO's overs...
Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 AM

I like raising the turn much better. CO can't call with overs to a turn raise and we really don't want him to. This pot is huge.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like raising the turn much better. CO can't call with overs to a turn raise and we really don't want him to. This pot is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You might clear 6 outs by raising turn. Additionally CO might raise if he has an overpair, but he MIGHT just coldcall a raise. So possibly we lose the same raising or calling if we are beat by QQ,KK,AA...
Old 09-09-2005, 09:10 AM

After thinking about it some more, I agree that raising the turn is better.

That river raise has merit, but in a pot this big, you need to protect. If he 3-bets you suck it up and deal with it.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 AM

I don't think that CO has overcards.