Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

Take as much time as possible over every decision. 72o UTG? Run the clock down to 3 seconds before folding! Similarly for AA on the button and every other decision. This WILL aggravate the other players at the table. Explain to them in the chat why you are doing it. Encourage them to email party, or to play at another site. When you finish a session don't leave the table. That way the table will be 5 handed at most for 15 minutes (the rake increase only applies to specifically 6 handed).

There are enough twoplustwo readers at the tables for this to make a difference if you all do it. Someone should mention this on other poker boards too. Don't start this immediately, lets give ourself time to furnish the plan and set a start date for this mass disobedience. Party takes so much money and offers such poor service - take a stand!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Corporate disobedience plan to counter the rake increase.

I'm in!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:55 PM

damn should be interesting at least
Old 09-03-2005, 06:55 PM

I think that a bunch of us doing this at random intervals will make no difference at all, except wasting our own time.

However, I think if enough of us chose to make a co-ordinated effort to 4-table (at least) 6-max at every limit and run the clock down on every decision, for 30 minutes or an hour perhaps all at the same time, this would demonstrate to Party just how much we can actually affect their rake. I'm not going to work out the math, but if there are 50 or so of us doing this all at the same time, the effect on the rake for party during this period of time will be absolutely devastating.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:02 PM

I also think that if we do this, we should have a website explaining it that we can link them to, rather than explaining it every time in chat. A site without ads of course so Party can't accuse anyone of spamming.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think that if we do this, we should have a website explaining it that we can link them to, rather than explaining it every time in chat. A site without ads of course so Party can't accuse anyone of spamming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent idea.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

except you can slip a link to my site in there. thats a REALLY good idea [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Some maths

Average rake per hand at 5/10 6 max is $1.74 with the changes. 90 hands per hour. So Party rakes $156.6 per table per hour.

90 hands per hour means average hand takes 40 seconds. How many decisions does the average TAG make per hand? Well at least 1 (preflop). Often multiple decisions. E.g. if you raise preflop, get 3 bet from button, call. Then check fold flop that is 4 decisions for a mundane hand. Lets say on average 2.5 decisions per hand. Each decision the rebel takes 12 seconds longer than normal. That is 30 seconds per hand delay. Which means each hand take 70 seconds rather than 40. Which means 51 hands per hour rather than 90. Which means party make $88.74 per table per hour rather than $156.6 . This is $67.86 less per table per hour. So a 4 tabler go slowing is depriving them of $271.44 per hour! This figure will be even higher at 10/20!
Old 09-03-2005, 07:22 PM

wonder will up my BB/hr more, the new rake, or this plan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 07:23 PM

Note that 2 goslowers at 1 table has less effect on party's bottom line that 1 goslower a 2 tables. So when we do this we should try and avoid tables with goslowers on.

I have been thinking for anout spamuell's idea. If we do set a specific time, say 1 hour on a friday night, and encourage everyone from 2p2 to do it (e.g. get ring players to switch to 6 max for the hour) twoplustwo has the ability to have a goslower on every table. At the moment there are 80 5/10 6 max tables. That would take 20 4 tablers to completely cover (stopping an annoyed fish simply switching tables). That is $5428.8 taken from party in 1 hour. If we can cover the 3/6 and 10/20 tables we can treble that I'd guess. That is $15K in 1 hour!