Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is Hotter
Jessica Beil 92 46.94%
Monica Belluci 104 53.06%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Dear atheists: cure cancer or cure religion?

Sorry, I know I've been posting a lot lately, but I really want to know how people feel about this.

This poll is for NON-BELIEVERS ONLY. Christians, Jews, Muslims, or members of eastern religions are kindly asked not to participate, so as not to tamper with the results. Atheists, or atheistic agnostics only, please.

You have a choice. You can create one of the two following "cures." Whichever one you choose will be widespread, well-marketed, but you will not gain any prestige, fame, money, power or recognition of any kind for it. You can only choose one.

CURE CANCER AND AIDS: You approve the existence of a vaccine that, upon administration, completely eliminates cancer and AIDS in the patient with no side effects. It is cheap to produce. It has no other medical uses or potential.

CURE RELIGION: You approve the existence of a philosophical argument that has yet been undiscovered by human beings. The argument has shown to satisfactorily disprove the existence of God and the need for religion to 99.99% of the people that hear it or read it. It proves capable of debunking all three Abrahamic faiths (Christianity, Islam and Judaism)

What's it gonna be?

again, ATHEISTS ONLY, PLEASE! (I'm especially interested in Mr. Sklansky's answer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 10-26-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Dear atheists: cure cancer or cure religion?

Easy! Cure cancer and AIDS. I may suffer from one or the other one day. I am already vaccinated for western religion.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Yes, but you'll still have to live in a world full of Christians [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy! Cure cancer and AIDS. I may suffer from one or the other one day. I am already vaccinated for western religion.

[/ QUOTE ]Is understanding memes less important than finding a cure for cancer or AIDS?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:53 PM

Curing cancer and AIDS would delay the deaths of some individuals.

Curing religion would delay the death of the human species.

Easy choice.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:55 PM

No religion = no religious fanatics = no planes fly into my building and no fundamentalists with nukes.

To tell you the truth I think no religions would be a major leap towards world peace, if there ever can be such a thing.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Easy choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with your choice.

There is nothing funny about cancer or AIDS, while the religious provide me endless supply of humor.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Easy choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with your choice.

There is nothing funny about cancer or AIDS, while the religious provide me endless supply of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are entitled to our own values. No problem.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...and unnecessary "moral" values and laws, a stupid population, terrorism, war, and horrendous political decisions. (Bush NEVER would have gotten in if he declared himself an atheist, but had all the same policies)

And secondly, AIDS is finally funny! It's been >22.4 years (south park did an episode about it) I know a lot of AIDS jokes, and this is 2+2 so I'll make a poker joke:

My friend and I call pocket Jacks "AIDS"...they're fun to get, but they'll end up killin' ya ^_^
Old 10-26-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No religion = no religious fanatics = no planes fly into my building and no fundamentalists with nukes.

To tell you the truth I think no religions would be a major leap towards world peace, if there ever can be such a thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do believers have a monopoly on horrible acts of murder or terrorism? Have non-believers ever killed large amounts of people?