Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:59 AM

Default i will never root for osu.....

so long as tressel is coach. he blew this game in so many ways that it is unfathomable. the fact that zwick even touched the ball in the 2nd half is grounds for being fired. there are many other reasons that are less obvious and only understood in context and i dont feel like getting into.

regardless, this just shows how good clarett was. he won a title for osu despite a fool for a coach and tricked a fandom into idolization (for tressel). expect 8 more years of great osu teams falling short due to terrible coaching mistakes.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: i will never root for osu.....

[ QUOTE ]
the fact that zwick even touched the ball in the 2nd half is grounds for being fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. The game was over as soon as Zwick entered.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:16 AM

Both qbs did nothing to warrant either of them being the definite starter. Nothing about numbers or stats even matters though. A coach cannot go by subbing in a seperate QB every 2 drives. QB's must retain a rhythm and get/maintain a feel for the defense, and that is where Tressel went wrong.

Nothing was wrong with Zwick playing in the 2nd half, but if Zwick is going to play the 2nd half, then he better stay in the game the whole time. Tressel is still a great coach, don't try to spin it any other way, which is what you are doing.

How can your point be the fact Zwick even touched the ball in the 2nd half means Maurice Clarett was a very dominate RB at OSU 3 years ago? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the fact that zwick even touched the ball in the 2nd half is grounds for being fired.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. The game was over as soon as Zwick entered.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong too. If the OSU kicker makes that last FG, Ohio State is enjoying a victory right now.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:18 AM

Yeah, he should have knocked in that 50 yard chipshot.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never once did I say it would be easy. The kicker was alreayd 5 for 5 so you gotta think he had a pretty good chance. The previous poster said the game was over the second Zwick stepped on the field, and I was proving him wrong. Once again, I never said it would be an easy field goal, but it was defintily makeable.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oth qbs did nothing to warrant either of them being the definite starter

[/ QUOTE ]

troy is basically a threat every time he touches the ball. i dont know how to prove that to you. if you cant see that from watchin the games then i certainly am not goin to convince you from my drunken words. just realize that every time troy touches the ball very good things are potentially occuring. this is not true with zwick.

[ QUOTE ]
ow can your point be the fact Zwick even touched the ball in the 2nd half means Maurice Clarett was a very dominate RB at OSU 3 years ago?

[/ QUOTE ]

this wasa not my pint and i am sorry if that was the implication. i meant that tressel is super overated bc clarret was a beast and bailed out the program on the field for a season. now tressel is exposed for what he is and tht is a glorified version of cooper.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:39 AM

I agree on the QB situation. Troy can do so many things better and throws in the pocket just about as well, from what I can tell. The real QB problem for OSU, though, was that Vince Young was the QB for the other team.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never once did I say it would be easy. The kicker was alreayd 5 for 5 so you gotta think he had a pretty good chance. The previous poster said the game was over the second Zwick stepped on the field, and I was proving him wrong. Once again, I never said it would be an easy field goal, but it was defintily makeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about on the 2nd to last drive.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:30 PM

Default rehire cooper

they could always go back to cooper if you dont like tressel.
i think tressell would have won at least one national championship with e george, t glenn, d boston etc.
tressel is a pretty conservative coach. unfortunately right now they are geared towards being a big time passing team.
tressel is one of the best coaches in college football though. His teams usually never get rattled and play big in the clutch.
One bad game does not erase what he has done at OSu.