Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: what is the best seat at this table?

haha this might be better named "the thread that convinces tons of 2+2ers to move to party 5/10"

this is probably an average room on a friday night, above average on a weekday.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play live so I only think I know what the numbers are. But the 10 seats 6.67 means very aggressive right? if that is the case, i like to sit in seat one so i can isolate, re-raise and see what he does first. I see one person sezs seat one sucks. I like the maniac close to me.

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]

6.67 is so abnormally high for post-flop aggression it just means this TAG has been running well for the hands OP has on him. Opp in Seat 10 is not a huge threat because he is rarely in the hand. I would not call anyone at this table a maniac but seat 3 is pretty LAGG-ish.

I kind of like seat 3 or 4, but it depends on how much cold-calling the fish in 5-9 do. From 3 or 4 you can play a lot more hands to the inevitable raises of 2 and 3 if you know you are likely to get 2 or 3 cold-callers behind you. And you get position on the aggressive player who is in more pots. Someone else mentioned having the tight-passive on your left, which is also a good thing, IMO.

I actually don't hate seat 10 in this situation since the looser players are going to protect most pots for me by limping in front so I don't have to worry about getting Isolated OOP by the more Laggish opponents.

I think it's more important to have the 30/15/2.69 on your right since he is in a lot more hands and raises preflop twice as much
Old 11-05-2005, 07:27 AM

Seat 3. The three most aggressive players are on your right including two of the bigger donks. Tighty to make isolation easier and to steal blinds from on your left if you ever get to steal.

But I certainly wouldnt complain to be anywhere at the table.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:34 AM

I'll take any seat there, but would be the least happy in the 1 with the 4 seat being second from the bottom.

In the 1 seat you have a tighty that might isolate the loosie passives to his right keeping you out of a lot of pots and you have the nutjob to your right that might keep others from calling when you have a hand. You can counter that part by going for c/r on your big hands and letting him raise to protect your just OK hands.

If you're in the 4 seat the 3 seat might be isolating the nutjob again keeping you from seeing some flops that you might like to see.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:46 AM

seat 4
Old 11-05-2005, 03:37 PM

Seat 3 or 4,

And why am I not playing 5/10? Looks to be some major league donkey action there.