Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: you = friggin\' punk

I gotta say, I've played with Dave/Al Capone Jr., and nothing says "elitist" more than having to go to the Bellagio gift shop to buy a touristy t-shirt that fits the dress code better than the muscle shirt you are wearing (and which incidentally does a much better job of covering the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] tattoo on your shoulder). Yeah, Dave's an elitist all right [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Sorry I missed the jamboree, Dave. It would have been an honor to have been kicked in the nuts by you.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:52 PM

Thanks a billion, man. Yeah, the jambouree kicked ass, and there will be more, so next time you're coming let's get one together in advance.

I think I was a "little tipsy" when I went off last night. But screw it, everything still stands anyway. I gots me a reputation as an insane criminal genius to maintain, and apparently now another reputation as an arrogant elitist!

al

p.s. Feel free to kick whomever you want in the nuts, tell 'em Al sent you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 08:58 PM

Why didn't you just post the link to that useful rake essay and be done with it.

I will be in Vegas in October, might look into staying at the Aladdin. I will try and catch up with you then.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you just post the link to that useful rake essay and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what fun would that be? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It's all good hoss! Just like to razz it up a little now and then!

al
Old 06-27-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Is this rake excessive?

I've only had the pleasure of meeting Dave once but I can say with great certainty that he's neither elitest nor someone who would hesitate to tell you anything to your face that he would type here. And he's probably correct, certainly about the win rate you mention being unsustainable at least.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And he's probably correct, certainly about the win rate you mention being unsustainable at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part's probably correct, I don't doubt it. The bigger question is whether to berate everyone who comes onto this forum with misconceptions about what's a sustainable winrate, or if we can get as far maintaining a civil tone and educating people when they show ignorance.

But he said it was the alcohol, so I take that to mean this isn't a new forum standard for newbie treatment that I have to comply with. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And he's probably correct, certainly about the win rate you mention being unsustainable at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

That part's probably correct, I don't doubt it. The bigger question is whether to berate everyone who comes onto this forum with misconceptions about what's a sustainable winrate, or if we can get as far maintaining a civil tone and educating people when they show ignorance.

But he said it was the alcohol, so I take that to mean this isn't a new forum standard for newbie treatment that I have to comply with. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to see someone understands. I didnot question what Dave said just the manner in which he said it. I also found it very amusing that Dave felt he had to give me his resume when I called him an elitest it shows a lot of insecurity as does his need to berrate anyone he asks something thats not up to standard. That is what an elitest does, spends there life climbing the mountain so that they push anyone off who tries to do the same. I have not posted at this site for over 3 months and Dave reminded me why.

Thanks Dave

As for your macho kick me in the nuts. I would love to give you my resume Dave which includes 3 national open age Karate Kumite titles.And I'd also love to tell you all about the 15 years it's taken me to reach 3rd Dan Sensei status, but I know I don't need to.
Maybe be next time your in Australia we can catch up for a beer and I will tell you all about it. Maybe you can give me some poker lessons in exchange for some fighting tips.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 PM

This is $5 Australian, so its a little less than $5 US.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:01 PM

There's a single table tourney by me that usually lasts about an hour. $45 buy-in, 10 players, $200 1st place, $120 2nd place. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]