Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 06:30 PM

Default 99 with a couple decisions

great 15/30 full table but went down to 6 handed at the moment due to people sitting out.

i open 99 from the CO, aggro button 3-bets, both LP blinds call, i call.

flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check, i bet, button raises (could def. be overcards here), sb calls 2 cold, bb folds, i call...

turn is offsuit 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, i bet (?), button calls, sb calls.

river is A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

sb checks, hmmm...?

really wondering whats best on all postflop streets.

- happy holidays
Old 12-26-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: 99 with a couple decisions

If button is aggressive like you say, he's guaranteed to bet. Check to him, and then check-raise. This should better define his hand as he’s likely to 3-bet only with a better pair since SB is also in the hand.

Leading the turn is great.

River. Eeks. Not much you can beat but a bluff and therefore, you should try to induce one. The SB was likely on a spade draw and missed. I’d check to the button and see if he bets. If SB calls (raises), you can safely release your hand. If SB folds, you should call and hope his overcards don’t include an A.

Garland
Old 12-26-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If button is aggressive like you say, he's guaranteed to bet. Check to him, and then check-raise. This should better define his hand as he’s likely to 3-bet only with a better pair since SB is also in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting... but since my hand is so vulnerable and he's likely to raise overs, shouldn't i be trying to clear the field?

[ QUOTE ]
Leading the turn is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was considering bet/fold there b/c he's gotta be concerned about the sb to some extent... thoughts on that? definitely folding if sb c/r'd.

[ QUOTE ]
River. Eeks. Not much you can beat but a bluff and therefore, you should try to induce one. The SB was likely on a spade draw and missed. I’d check to the button. If SB calls (raises), you can safely release your hand. If SB folds, you should call and hope his overcards don’t include an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is basically what i was thinking at the time... i had the sb squarely on a spade draw so i wasn't really worried about him. what about betting to try and get TT-JJ to lay it down?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:18 PM

On this board, SB and BB are likely to have whiffed. If they hit (with a flush draw, 8 or especially a 2), they are calling all bets either one at a time or two if you induce a raise from button. Your concern is to get information from button.

You have to lead the turn as overs are taking a free one, and you cannot let SB draw for free. If button raises you still, I'll give him credit for a better hand. At worst he has overs with a spade draw.

[ QUOTE ]
what about betting to try and get TT-JJ to lay it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't folding TT->KK. Sorry.

Garland
Old 12-26-2005, 08:37 PM

I think you can only beat a hand like KQ on the river. Like Garland said, TT-KK isn't folding here. Button might've called with AJ-AK on the turn thinking it would be a chop but rivered an ace. Since we all agree SB has a busted flush draw, I think bet/folding is the best line.