Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-14-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: MySpace Opener Theory Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Then you attract gold diggers and whoooooooooers.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if they get one sniff of your filthy lucre, I tell ya, they'll suck you dry...
Old 12-14-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought that was the idea behind it all....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you turn off the generic sluts because they see you as another cocky bastard. The sluts are the ideal targets.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Then you attract gold diggers and whoooooooooers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Women are attracted to money, power and fame. If you can imply that you have any of the three in any combination you can pull interest.

I think listing you make money playing p***r in your profile should be +EP.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:03 AM

I am generally not a fan of the whole "+ev" posts in OOT...but +ep...I love it!
Old 12-14-2005, 05:32 AM

I haven't read the huge-ass thread and I know very little about myspace, but I think I get the jist of what is going on here. Half of 2+2 is trying to hook up with these chicks online, no?

If that's true, then

[ QUOTE ]
2. It should make the girl want to ask you questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is something that failed miserably for me (though I've only tried it in real life...maybe this whole internet hookup thing is way different). A good cold-call (in the telemarketing sense, not the poker sense) opening line should

1. Be funny/entertaining
2. Open the girl up to talk about herself, particularly about that beautiful person that lies beneath those D cups that no one ever bothers to see.

The whole game is not about you. It's about her trying to validate herself. 90% of the hot girls who would go through posting these pictures (which I assume are purposely hot...cute poses with clothes/light/other crap that highlight her better parts) know that these pictures are going to attract males who will tell them how hot they look, which in turn will lead these guys to kiss their asses and tell them how they are such great people and how they share such a deep connection. These girls have low self-esteem. Do NOT give them that validation they are seeking. That's how you end up getting played just like most, if not all, of the 100 guys on this chick's profile. Trust me...I know. I've been played a lot and I know a lot of guys who get played a lot. If you don't give them that validation, they will come after you to get it, even if it means she has to seduce you and sleep with you to make sure you like her.

Make jokes
Get her talking about herself
Get her on the defensive

You are the prize to be won...not her.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 AM

truetruetrue
Old 12-14-2005, 09:28 AM

Well, I don't have that large of a sample size yet, but of the 10 girls I messaged with 'inside?' 6 have written me back. The responses have all been very similar, 'huh?' 'what?' 'inside what?'

I do have to say though, I've tried to get the conversations rolling after their first reply, but I can't tell if they think i'm a weirdo for completely avoiding the fact that I just wrote "inside?" for the contact message.

I think closing and volume are the two key factors. Once you get a few messages with her, look for an angle to close on, i.e. meet up somewhere and do something that she points out she likes, or offer AIM or MSN info. And volume seems to be a critical factor for success. If conversations dry up or go nowhere, you got other messages in your box to act on. The law of large numbers, which is our specialty, will eventually pay off.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM

alright i think everyone works differently but two things have really improved my results so far.

#1 I gave up on chicks under 24, I decided A) it was too much to compete with the college guys and most importantly B) girls 24+, know whats up and aren't as into having a [censored] load of friends for giggles. They are looking to hook up. And I think it's a more realistic target for myself

#2) I have been picking some small tidbit of info from there profile, asking a question and using that to start a conversation. I try and do it a way that shows some humor but this isn't always possible. I go with something small like one girl had Frank Sinatra listed under music which so I went with that.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:39 AM

Sterling work. I think that's excellent advice for the non-numbers players.

And it's good to have your true cenobite self back.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And it's good to have your true cenobite self back.

[/ QUOTE ]

cenobite explain?