Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Openly Gay Big Names in Poker??

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We said BIG names, not sng grinders.....
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Liebert used to date McEvoy.

[/ QUOTE ]
this would make us have to wonder if mcevoy is gay, no?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Liebert used to date McEvoy. I have no idea if she is gay or straight but, looks notwhithstanding, since she dated a guy my guess is that she is straight.

As to Allen Cuningham, I think there was reference to a gf in the interview in the Card Player issue where he was on the cover.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that someone is married or has a gf or bf doesn't necessarily prove anything. They could be doing it for cover, be bi, or get married to have a family. Or some of these people may just seem gay and not be.

Since there are no openly gay poker players, it stands to reason there are covertly gay players.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if NVG is the appropriate thread for this, but since it has tangential poker content I didn't figure it belonged in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't have any content, and is not appropriate for any forum.

Threads like this are the reason "big name" poker players don't post here, or have been driven away.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if NVG is the appropriate thread for this, but since it has tangential poker content I didn't figure it belonged in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't have any content, and is not appropriate for any forum.

Threads like this are the reason "big name" poker players don't post here, or have been driven away.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems reasonable for a gossip thread.

Some big name players posted in WPT and had to deal with all sorts of moron TV poker fans. Also, a lot of people really like annoying "celebrities" and would be obnoxious, as well as speculating on the sexuality and personal life of the big name poster, posting sexual stuff about well known female posters etc.

I think this thread is pretty tame by comparision.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:33 AM

I first thought DN was gay... but then I found out that he was a Christian. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes. Especially since a lot of gay guys will become very religious to suppress their homosexuality. See Catholic Priests for details. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like how you start the question off with "My wife and I" and "she came up with the question. I think we know what sigmond would say about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He just wanted to make sure everyone knew his wife was the bigot, not him. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you certainly don't make hasty assumptions, do you? I was asking because we were genuinely curious as to whether any well-known poker players have come out. I hadn't heard of any, and I wondered if anyone in this forum had. How does acknowledging the existence of gay people and wondering whom they might be in the poker world, and posing a followup as to whether this (theoretical??) well-known gay player would take any s**t from the poker world at large, make me a bigot? Hmmmm? Well, come on, I'm waiting for your well-thought-out, logical answer. Oh, you don't have one? That's what I thought. I run a bookstore in Ithaca, New York, a city which probably is among the top 10 or 15 in the country in percentage of the population who identify as gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgendered, so it would be a bit of an impediment to me, professionally and personally, if I had the problem with gay people you seem to read me for, or any problem with them at all for that matter. If your reads are this dead-on at a poker table, PLEASE let me know where you play so that I can show up and begin the cash extraction ASAP.

Now, if I had said, "My wife and I were sitting around wondering whether any f***ing gay homosexual Hanes-grazing f*gs dare show their faces at a poker table", or something along those lines, you might have a case. But I didn't. And you don't. I'll tell you what I tell anyone who makes personal comments concerning my attitudes and way of thinking...if you don't know me well enough to know the names of, say, one or two of my nephews and nieces, you don't know me well enough to make those sorts of comments and have anyone take you seriously.

Idiot.

--Scott
Old 12-23-2005, 12:05 AM

He might be refering to that vegetarian cook that cooked for Violette and a few other pros during the WSOP (I forget the name). Maybe she just makes really good grub, I dunno.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:12 AM

no amarillo slim mentions in this thread? or was that a little girl?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no amarillo slim mentions in this thread? or was that a little girl?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a 12-year-old girl. Being gay is one thing he hasn't been accused of.