Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Semi-technology help question (NSFW)

I dont know if this belongs here, so if somenoe knows a better forum, please direct me......

Background: I have a 20 year old cousin who is mentally retarded and suffers from severe autism and is begining to show signs of cerebal palsy. While not mute, he cannot speak, and most of the joy he gets in his life comes from one source: VHS tapes. He loves to watch all kinds of tapes, we really cant figure out why but for some reason it brings him great pleasure.

Problem: As all of you know, VHS is a dying style for movie presentation, and it is only a matter of time before they are phased out. DVD's will not work for him as he will not be able to work the player because of menu screens, and frankly he is rough with the tapes and DVD's will not be able to withstand the wear and tear of his usage

Question(s): Do DVD/VHS combo machines now have a mechanism to make DVD's into VHS's, so that he will still have access to the movies? He breaks the tapes constantly, or loses, so they need to be replaced often. If there is no such way on an individual machine, do any of you know of a way to makes VHS tapes from DVDs?

I know this is pushing the piracy issue, but this is for a noble cause.

Oh yea, pics: