Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 10-31-2005, 07:17 PM

Default * Official MNF 11/7 Indy @ New England

Line opened up at Indy -3...It looks too easy to take indy...But i might just follow the sheep... Does anybody else have a take on this game?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: * Official MNF 11/7 Indy @ New England

If you take Indy you are headed for white water
Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 PM

ask tampa bay about laying favorites on the road. payton sucks at foxboro too.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:47 PM

Peyton Manning vs the crippled secondary of NE,remember when Manning struggled at Foxboro it was against all pros like Harrison and Ty Law. Now its #5 and #6 db with no name.
Even if you ignore that and look at the other side of the ball rooke LT and LG blocking Freeney, not happening. Also its not snowing yet. As long as it stays under a touchdown you should never turn down this bet
Old 10-31-2005, 08:51 PM

Pass.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:46 PM

I'm a diehard Pats fan, but I think the best play might be Indy on some kind of prop line where you lay like 13-17 points and get big odds.

I could just as easily see an exorcism game where the Colts finally lay the smack down on the Pats (and you know they're not letting up if they do) as I could see the game decided by a field goal either way.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:03 AM

Peyton could never beat Spurrier and Tennessee even lost to Spurrier last week in the game his jersey was retired. He really has never won a big game except for maybe at KC 2 years ago. He cant beat Bellichik and the Pats and especially in Foxboro on Monday Night with Bruschi in a statement game for the Pats; Brady is Money in big games with a lot on the line. I knew the last 2 years that manning would would lose to the Pats and just cause Manning and the Colts have a 7-0 record does not mean he will win this "big" game. He has to prove it too me and I'll be taking the points and a Pats win probably around 28-24. Indy's D has not really played anyone really good on Offense except for the Rams where Bulger was out for 3 quarters. Brady and the Pats can pick apart the Pats.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Peyton could never beat Spurrier and Tennessee even lost to Spurrier last week in the game his jersey was retired. He really has never won a big game except for maybe at KC 2 years ago. He cant beat Bellichik and the Pats and especially in Foxboro on Monday Night with Bruschi in a statement game for the Pats; Brady is Money in big games with a lot on the line. I knew the last 2 years that manning would would lose to the Pats and just cause Manning and the Colts have a 7-0 record does not mean he will win this "big" game. He has to prove it too me and I'll be taking the points and a Pats win probably around 28-24. Indy's D has not really played anyone really good on Offense except for the Rams where Bulger was out for 3 quarters. Brady and the Pats can pick apart the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, I'd love to see that game.

Seriously, though, the Pats keep having "dynasty ending injuries", but the dynasty keeps rolling along. It's been weeks since they lost Harrison, and I don't even notice him missing in the subsequent games.

Bellichek has some sick magic at work. He must have sold his soul to the devil. Look for snow flurries on Monday night.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:43 AM

I do not consistently bet on sports. Every now and then I see a line I just cannot pass up. When checking my records over the past couple years I am up. I just don't engage in the time you all put into sports betting. I guess I might be a sqaure in you all's words. But even a square can have an opinion.

and for the negative thinkers out there.... I did take a good loss on OU/TCU, but i think the world did....

Stop weighing all the small factors: Bruschi, Payton underperforming, Brady...ect. Small things (intangibles) affect betting when the game has some crucial importance. Like the notre dame/usc game carried that magnitude. This game believe it or not does not. The Colts for the first time beleive they are going to win(not just have a chance). They finally have D, for the first time in a while. They have a balanced offensive scheme that is not as vunerable to Billechek's (however it is spelled) scheming and confusion. Payton used to rely more upon his ability to make checks on the line, but now thier offense has shifted to the point where EDGE is the man in thier system. Finally New Englands pass Rush is beat up, thier secondary weakened (no Ty Law) and the best QB-WR combo in NFL history and NFL's top rusher is facing them. Point blank that is not good news for new englands D, I don't care how well coach B prepares. And offensivly The colts match up well.

The varable in this game is the same as always. Who the hell is going to show up to play? In the NFL that is the biggest determinate. With an opening line of -3 for the colts (I have not seen the most recent) is a steel. Focus on the big things. My biggest wins this year have been (ND v USC), (dallas v Phil), and (Seatle v SL). If you can think back there were some big factors that could show how these games were +EV bets.

Just the opinon of a square, take it or leave it.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:52 AM

I've got NE +170.

It's New England's second consecutive home game.