Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Turn 3-bet or call?

I realize that I only have 2 outs and need more than 9.25 to 1 pot odds to call (more like 22 to 1). The turn raise implies that Villian most likely has an A and possibly even spiked two pair, but Villian has been very LAG and weak (over 50% VP$IP).

I feel that at least a call is justified because of Villian, but should I have three-bet the turn at this point? Or am I completely wrong altogether and folded because of the A threat?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero...
Old 09-07-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Turn 3-bet or call?

I would just call, hoping our LAG donk-bettor just has something like K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or maybe is trying to represent the ace and just has a hand like 55.

Button is a concern too, though. I'm hoping he cold-called the flop with a hand like J9 or (better still, if we're ahead) KT instead of AT or a slowplayed 88.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:57 PM

If you call both a turn and river bet your getting about
6-1. A couple of things to consider are...Would he check raise if he made two pair? What's your image? The fact that he bet into two players again on the turn would make me lean toward a fold, unless he is a maniac.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 PM

I don't understand. Villain just bet out. How can you 3bet?
Old 09-08-2005, 04:59 AM

At 2/4 with a button to act behind you, I don't think you lose much by folding here. You could also call and see what button does if you think UTG+1 is full of it. I don't like raising because you're either way ahead or way behind, and raising won't protect your hand from the button at this point.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:17 AM

The turn raise doesn't automatically implie he has an ace, because he raised on the flop also.

I'd call and call again on the river, if checked to on the river bet. There's plenty of hands that you beat that don't contain an ace(KT, QT, JT) he could also be semibluffing or have a pocket pair that you beat.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. Villain just bet out. How can you 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. This was a dumb error on my part. I guess I had it so stuck in my head, "And if I raise, what do I do if he three-bets?" that I ended up partially combining a potential problem with my solution in the subject line rather than the body where it belonged.