Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Too aggressive?

$1/$2 No Limit $100 buy in max. live cash game.

6 handed. MP1 is a loose-aggressive and tries to bluff a decent amount, but for the most part is a decent, but not solid loose-aggressive player. CO..he sucks, will call alot. BB is weak-tight, only bets huge hands.

UTG folds. MP1 calls. CO calls. Hero is on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I raise $10. SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls. CO calls.

FLOP: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everyone checks.

TURN: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks. MP1 bets $35. It is folded to me, I re-raise and put him all in, I have about $250, and have him covered by about $100.

Should I of re-raised him less to try to get more money off of him. I really was only worried about a hearts. I had him on Ace decent kicker, so by putting him all in, he's not gonna call anyway. What is the correct plan of attack in a hand like this? I've been playing so much limit the last 3 months that I'm questioning my No Limit decisions.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Too aggressive?

wrong forum

bet the flop, hopefully get raised, win a much bigger pot

dont chase him off on the turn, this is pathetic, and you know it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2005, 09:17 PM

There is nothing wrong with checking this flop...but you don't want to make this bet on the turn. Just calling through to the river is ok...let him play the hand and then put him all in on the river ..especially if a non threatening card comes off. With any luck an A comes off and you really get him. But any big bet on the river may make him think your trying to steal. Waiting to see what happened?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing wrong with checking this flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopped reading here.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 AM

wrong forum

bet the flop.

when you check the flop, pushing the turn is stupid unless your villian here is a real moron.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 PM

I see your point guys betting the flop with a set is almost always a good play and there is a straight and flush draw on the board. However, with this player I think you're looking Ax and he almost proves it with the turn bet. I think in the long run you win more money on this one slow playing the set...but just my opinion. If anyone disagrees what do you think the turn bet means?