Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:04 PM

Default 66 - How do you like my turn and river?

I've got 71 hands on villian here, he's a 55/11/1.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

Yes on the turn check and the calldown?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:06 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!
Default Re: 66 - How do you like my turn and river?

i would bet the turn. Calling the river is pretty bad.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why and why? There's a thousand ways he's gonna raise that K, either with it, or on a bluff. I've got to pay off a raise, and paying 3 to see a showdown from here is pretty costly.

There are still some likely hands that I'm ahead of on this river. AJ, AT, and alot of hands he's raising to get the blinds out of there.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:11 PM

I think i'm bet-folding the turn, he's not that aggressive that I think he's raising on a pure bluff most of the time.

-d
Old 05-31-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i'm bet-folding the turn, he's not that aggressive that I think he's raising on a pure bluff most of the time.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

With a 55% VP$IP, 1 aggression is pretty aggressive.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why and why? There's a thousand ways he's gonna raise that K, either with it, or on a bluff. I've got to pay off a raise, and paying 3 to see a showdown from here is pretty costly.

There are still some likely hands that I'm ahead of on this river. AJ, AT, and alot of hands he's raising to get the blinds out of there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the turn b/c if he has a hand like AQ/ AJ/ A10, he will fold it and if i'm raised, i can feel pretty comfortable c/fing the river UI. One overcard shouldn't scare u into a check.

As for the river, I understand that he can be betting the river with those hands, i don't think he will do that nearly often enough given the aggression u showed on the flop and ur call on the turn. He could have AJ/ A10/ A9/ whatever, but after he bets the turn and is called, most people won't fire again b/c they will only be called by better hands. Granted, he's a crappy player and crappy players don't think about these things, but I still can't see u being ahead often enough. I suppose that he's not that passive and if u have some sort of read on him, then okay, maybe it's better, but after he fires again on the river, I can't imagine u being ahead ~ 15%.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

You have 8-10 outs.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:15 PM

I don't think villain will fold the the flop checkraise and I don't think you'll get a free card on the turn by checkraising that flop. Why not follow the turn with a bet? I'd go call, call, fold here probably.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:17 PM

I understand your logic, but don't understand the flop C/R if you don't plan on betting the Turn (by checking, you in fact are forcing him to bet - which may be good if you still have the best hand, we know you have the best draw).

Very curious hand indeed.

I think I bet the flop here and check the turn (if called on flop). If he bets the turn, you prolly still have to call, but then you can easily check/fold the river UI (facing 3 overcards). The reason here is that you are getting called on the flop by a pair, a draw or overcards. The only thing that missed here is the draw. A pair beats you and either the K or Q overcards villain may have held beat you.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:18 PM

I think bet-calling the turn followed by check-folding the river UI is better than check-calling the turn and check-calling the river. You really think he's betting AJ on the turn and river?