Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Fantasy hockey trade advise

Before I get to the details, let my tell you about the league. Goalies in this league are more important than regular skaters because my league is based on winning categories. there are 11 total categories to win each week and four of them are goalie categories (W, GAA, Sv% and shutouts). Each week, we start 11 skaters but only 2 goalies so it is totally crucial to have two really solid goalies.

One guy in my league has tried twice to trade me some scrubs for my first round pick, Jarome Iginla. Last week he offered me Paul Kariya and Rick Jackman for Jarome Iginla AND Adrian Aucoin. Quite a ridiculous proposition. I rejected it and today he offered me Eric Cole and the Kings goalie Lebarbera just for Iginla. Seems like he wants the guy.

I still don't think this is good for one of the top players in the league. My team has a lot of great offensive players and Iginla isn't necessary on my team. I really need another reliable goalie. Now I have Belfour (good), Weekes (okay), Lalime (terrible), and Ryan Miller (IR).

This guy has Thomas vokhoun who would be fantastic for my team and I would gladly part with Iginla for him. In fact, I would also part with another minor player as well as Iginla.

I'm thinking now that I should propose a trade straight up Iginla for vokoun and hope he accepts. If he rejects, I can seem desperate and offer along a Miro Satan or Brian Gionta along with Iginla.

Any thoughts?