Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Nate\'s Post

What is tinyURL? The cooler guys around here need an explanation.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:31 AM

I cant understand why people would use tinyurl when they can just make a URL link with the instant UBB code below the edit box.

Anyway, I fall for the screwplay almost every time when I have a decent hand. I once fell for it on both the turn and river of the same hand, which was embarrasing.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Turn Screwplay for the birds?

[ QUOTE ]
I've never screwplayed a bare AK and I should be chastized for it. I'm screwplaying every AK I get for the next month as penance - should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome. let me know how it works out [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is tinyURL? The cooler guys around here need an explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL. seriously.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lately, I"ve been thinking that in a vacuum the turn screwplay is very rarely optimal. Dcifrths outlines why in the "Did I analyze this correctly, 100-200 post." In short, it's because the bet - 3bet line disguises your hand better and doesn't kill your action against thinking players when you have a monster and insures a bet against a weak hand or draw.

Now, you still must incorporate it in to your game once in a while, but almost exclusively for meta-game reasons. Thus, you should pick the opponents you use it against very very carefully. Piejay would be an ideal 100-200 candidate (that floating bastard). Screwplaying some random joe sitting with 1400 dollars at 100-200 probably isn't right.

Now that's not to say the screwplay bluff isn't all the rage today, with people giving it so much respect. High limit poker is much like the fashion industry in this regard.

The river screwplay is still great, because that always gets paid, and it's pretty easy to know when an opponent might value bet his mediocre holding.

[/ QUOTE ]

one thing that came up in this thread that is key when OOP for a "screwplay" is the following from nate's post:

[ QUOTE ]
Indeed, when I've ventured into shorthanded games above about the 30/60 limit, I've encountered some very tough opponents who are capable of check-raising in this spot with a variety of hands, and it can really handicap my positional advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

natethagreat really outlines it perfectly.

this concept is amazingly key not only on the turn, but the flop and river as well and not just with c'ring but with value betting and basically everything that separates a good player from a great player.

Barron
Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this concept is amazingly key not only on the turn, but the flop and river as well and not just with c'ring but with value betting and basically everything that separates a good player from a great player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, dude. Did you just say that the screwplay represents every part of hold'em that seperates a good player from a great player?
Old 09-13-2005, 01:08 PM

I've personally had good results with the scare card scenario better than an all rag board:
Flop is something like: 2 2 5
I have AK and I bet, my opponent calls. Based on this particular type of opponent his likely hand is a mid-pair that will call down or pop the turn if no face cards come.
Turn J: I've had a pretty good success rate with the screwplay here.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, dude. Did you just say that the screwplay represents every part of hold'em that seperates a good player from a great player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think so, read it again.