Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 04:45 PM

Default AA on the button

Paradise 2-4

utg calls, utg+1 calls, mp folds, mp1 calls, mp2 posted checks, co posted checks, I have AA on the button I raise, both blinds call, mp2 poster was the only fold.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checks to co poster he bets, I raise, blinds call, utg calls, utg+1 calls, mp folds, co reraises, I call, all call.

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to co he bets, I call, blinds call utg calls

River

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to co he bets, I call, all fold
Old 06-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: AA on the button

I think I'd cap the flop. If he still came out swinging on the turn then I could see not raising the river.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paradise 2-4

utg calls, utg+1 calls, mp folds, mp1 calls, mp2 posted checks, co posted checks, I have AA on the button I raise, both blinds call, mp2 poster was the only fold.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checks to co poster he bets, I raise, blinds call, utg calls, utg+1 calls, mp folds, co reraises, I call, all call.

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to co he bets, I call, blinds call utg calls

River

A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checks to co he bets, I call, all fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise the turn. The pot is big enough, time to get rid of the gutshot and flush draws. Try to take it down.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:50 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

raise the turn.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:04 PM

I thought about the same thing but what stopped me was all the possible 2prs out there that a poster could have.

I really posted this because I have the worst....I say again THE WORST problem getting off of big hands. With all of those callers and that flop coordinated that way is this a prime time to throw away aces??? Aces are by far my biggest problem...I mean it's easier to throw away kings if an ace flops and it's 2 more back atcha.... but aces are my problem child.

I was afraid of 2pr but really it only got better for the "villian" as he had 10Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].... flopped a str8 that turned in to a flush.... u-hem... nice hand sir.... (today I've had whatever is one better than the trifecta... I've had aces, kings, queens and jacks all cracked.... I LOVE THIS GAME!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
Old 06-02-2005, 05:08 PM

CO seems like a LAG. I'm not sure what you think he had that could beat your aces (KK, QT, KJ, K9, JJ, 99 or J9). Most LAGs would either raise KK preflop, or if he's tricky, check re-raise so he probably doesn't have top set. Many LAGs will cap TPGK, so I'm thinking KQ, AK, KT, but the aforementioned hands are a real possibility. However, you can't gain information by merely calling one bet. A raise on the turn is definetly a good move. If he re-raises, you're probably beat, but have to call down. However, when you hit your set on the river, you can eliminate many hands that could beat you, leaving only QT. This is really only hand you have to worry about on the river; there's hardly a chance he rivered a flush. Even if you think he's got it, you still have to call hime down. A raise might be in order if you don't think so.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Not raising the river was because of all the others in the hand, right? You're worried that one of them might have hit the backdoor flush and/or you're going for overcalls?

CO likes his hand a lot on the flop, but I'm gonna cap the flop and raise the turn regardless. There's a good number of hands that he could like a lot that you still have beat (top pair, pair and a straight draw...) Also, getting this heads-up with a turn raise would be super, although if you end up just over-charging the drawers, that's alright too.

If you do get it heads up, then you can easily raise that river. I think you got CO beat for sure now if you weren't already ahead. I'm not giving him credit for QT or J9c, which are the only reasonable hands IMO that he could have that beat you at this point.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:13 PM

blah. unlucky then. i'm losing more money than you on this hand, sir