Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: KJo from UTG at 2/4?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. And I thought I was tight. I'd switch tables before I folded KJo at 2/4. I haven't played 2/4 in a couple of months but I can't imagine its changed that much. I raise with this hand in this spot a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fold this UTG. I can see open-raising it in MP or limping behind some limpers in LP but I don't raise it UTG. KJs, KQo and AJo I would raise UTG.
Old 05-31-2005, 03:51 PM

I can't speak for anyone else but imo that hand is total trash and can not be +ev from an ep. I would only limp with that in the co or button.

If it's suited I raise it from that position.

If I felt some undying loyalty to a hand that will get me 2nd place more times than first that I had to play it utg I would have to raise it up myself and play it for a raise...but that is bound to get you in to trouble...

kjo utg all the way to utg+5 I'm pretty much folding that hand every time...never calling a raise with that hand....
Old 05-31-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kjo utg all the way to utg+5 I'm pretty much folding that hand every time...never calling a raise with that hand....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is NUTS. No, I'm never calling a raise either. But not raising a loose limper on occasion or open-raising is MP is too tight, IMO.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is NUTS. No, I'm never calling a raise either. But not raising a loose limper on occasion or open-raising is MP is too tight, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
My standard is starting to raise in MP1. Depending on table reads I might raise in UTG+2, but only VERY rarely earlier than that. (assuming 10-handed)
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 PM

From what I remember in an EV post related to somebody doing some TTH sims on KQo and AJo, they were +EV both limping and raising, but significantly more +EV raising. I can only assume this is similar for KJo. I almost never limp KJo. I'm also not playing KJo until MP1 or isolating a loose limper in LP.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AJo and KQ are less clear for me and I still waffle on what to do UTG with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't waffle a fold, I presume?

[/ QUOTE ]

I waffle fold/raise. I don't want to limp since with KQ I'd like drive out small aces, with AJ I want to drive out Kx and Qx types hands so if my J falls it's safer.

But, if I raise with them likely callers/raisers are pockets or hands that dominate me. I end up flipping back and forth depending on how aggressive the table seems to be. The more passive, the more likely I am to raise them. Aggressive tables seeing 3 bets PF alot then I likely fold as KQo just doesn't feel good enough to constantly be seeing 3-bets preflop out of position.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I waffle fold/raise. I don't want to limp since with KQ I'd like drive out small aces, with AJ I want to drive out Kx and Qx types hands so if my J falls it's safer.

But, if I raise with them likely callers/raisers are pockets or hands that dominate me. I end up flipping back and forth depending on how aggressive the table seems to be. The more passive, the more likely I am to raise them. Aggressive tables seeing 3 bets PF alot then I likely fold as KQo just doesn't feel good enough to constantly be seeing 3-bets preflop out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]
AJo/KQo is definately +EV to play from UTG. Don't waffle those hands away.