Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2005, 03:28 PM

Default push this flop?

I posted this one already but got no answer. I’d really like some help here; and so I’m posting it again and adding some more context.

In a thread in the upper limits—Aces play a big pot—villain (5c4c) flops a pair plus a flush draw: (~$1,350) Flop is 4d 8c 2c .

Of his play, fsuplayer (AA) writes that villain should have pushed the flop:

----------------
yeah, its pretty much a coinflip, with a couple %'s pts depending on whether the overpair has one of the suit on the flop.

either way though, with even 1% folding equity its a good play with these stacks. and normally hero has big unpaired cards or a mid-high PP that he very well may fold.
------------------

My hand is not exactly the same—I’ve got an oesd and fd; yhe pot is not raised preflop; the lower limits play differently from the higher. But it is still a great flop for my suited connectors. That said, when I got reraised to 14 I thought I was up against a solid made hand. And so should I be pushing this flop? I definitely think I have at least 1% folding equity. I’d say that I was 90-95% certain that a push would be called.

$50 NL
(6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6

Villain is aggressive and solid--pt stats 30/20. I'm about 25/8 and have been playing boring unimaginative abc poker. Villain's reraise means he's got a solid, made hand.

Seat 3: hero ( $74.25 )
Seat 6: villain ( $130.05 )

Mp1 limps; I limp on button 3s5s; sb completes; villain checks

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 2d, 4s ]

sb checks.
villain bets [$1].
Mp1 calls [$1].
hero raises [$5].
sb folds.
villain raises [$14].
Mp1 folds.

Hero?