Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Standard spot for an isolation raise?

25$ PLO on UB. I have 100 bbs, Seat 6 has 5.50, BB has me me way covered, I think he's a semi reasonable player from about 40 hands but not positive.

2 folds, I check in DB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Seat 6 calls, sb completes and BB raps, 4 to flop:

9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, BB bets pot at 1$, I make it 4$, Seat 6 calls (straight draw), BB thinks for a bit and calls, I think he has a straight draw as well, maybe two pair or something.

Turn is the lovely J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. We check to seat 6 who pushes his last 1$ and change, we both call.

River 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Check check.

Boring maybe, but hows it look?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Standard spot for an isolation raise?

Looks pretty reasonable to me. Raising on the flop to protect your set is fine and especially with second set, you need to see where you are.

With top set, or if you are sure no one else has a set, you could have called the flop bet and then potted a safe turn. Obviously, a J on the turn is not a safe card. I think you have to call the extra dollar given that you were last to act after the raise and you were getting good pot odds to see if the board paired. If the BB had potted after the all-in, I probably would have dropped the hand on the turn.

River check out is good. Even if you think you have the better of it with the BB, there is no reason to reopen betting on that board.