Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Default low striaght

3-6 UB game. The game is pretty passive, and not much rasing going on preflop. I really dont know why i called this hand preflop, i thought it was suited and i had dealer, turned out i had niether, but it post flop which is important.(I just woke up wasnt really paying attention,little bad)

I have 9c 8h
Preflop Utg calls,Utg +1 folds Utg+2 calls,Mp1 folds, Mp2 calls, Mp3 folds, I call, dealer folds, SB folds, BB checks.

flop come Qd Td Jc

BB bets, UTG raises, UTG+2 raise, folds to me and i call, BB calls, Utg calls.

1st quetion, what should i do here, should i put someone on A K and fold or K 9, or should i call. Also if someone has a K with another diamond am i a underdog?

The turn comes a Ac
BB bets out, UTG calls, Utg+2 folds, what should my action be for the turn and river.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: low striaght

About 11 BB's or so in the pot...I'd probably fold. I think raising is the next best option though.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:34 PM

Is it too weak to fold the flop? Facing 3 bets while possibly being dead already with 17 cards (diamonds, remaining A's and K's for an easy broadway) that make you dead as well. Too weak?
Old 06-16-2005, 04:07 PM

Yes, way too weak. I assume that anyone with AK, QQ, or JJ would raise PF, and you simply have too much of a value edge to not push it here. If you do just call, you must raise/3-bet/cap the turn if a good card falls. Since it didn't I would fold here.