Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2004, 07:48 AM

Default Seven hands from a shorthanded 5/10 session

Played at Pokerstars on a 6 max 5/10 table last night and I decided to share a few hands and try to get some input on my game. Any comments are greatly appreciated, my play felt solid but I'm probably a little biased [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand 1:
One limper on button, I'm in small blind and complete with K9o. Flop comes down K94 rainbow, I bet and get two calls. Turn brings a 5 whichs puts a twoflush on board; I check - BB bets - button folds - I raise - BB just calls. River is an offsuit six - I bet out - BB raises - I re-raise turning him into a mere caller and my hand is good.

Hand 2:
I raise with two black queens UTG, only the blinds the call. The flop is a pretty co-ordinated T87 board, though all of different suits. The blinds just check and I bet - SB calls - BB checkraises - I three-bet and only the BB calls. Turn brings a 6 completing the open-ender but the action goes check - bet - call. The river brings a K and I make what seems to be a pretty routine value bet? BB calls and I win!

Hand 3:
Dealt AA utg and raise....only the small blind calls. I get checkraised on the flop and just call, luring him into my spiderweb of deception [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Turn brings a Jack and the Enemy comes out bettting - I raise - he re-raises! The only hand I think I should worry about here is KJ with a very small possibility of a flopped set. I four-bet his sorry arse and he can only call. River is an innocuous deuce; he checks, I bet and he just calls! AA goot. Anyone slow down after he three bets on the turn?

Okay, okay..I don't win every hand, let's mix this up =)

Hand 5:
UTG raises and I'm the lone caller in the BB with KJs. El floppo (spanish for THE floppo) is K74 with a twoflush on-board, not of my suit. I check with the intention of raising and he checks behind (alarm bells anyone?) The turn is an offsuit deuce and I bet out - he raises - I think for a few seconds and muck. A little too weak-tight? I smelled a monster and still feel I made a good laydown...other opinions?

Hand 6:
I raise in first position with KQo. Its folded to the blinds who both call. Flop = 479 with two hearts (I have the queen of hearts). Action goes check - check - check. I've been getting check-raised a lot on these kind of boards and figured to take off a free card for once. Any input on this? In hindsight I probably should've bet, but alas... The turn is a Ten of hearts which gives me a gutshot and the third nut flush draw. SB bets - BB folds - I call with what looks like 17 outs (could be 12 or I could be drawing dead) getting 4 to 1. This definately would've been the place to take a free card, had I bet on the flop, sigh. Anyways, is this call a little thin? I thought about raising but didn't see any way that he would fold. River is a blank and I fold to a bet.

Hand 7:
I open-raise on the button with AJo, only the small blind calls and we see a flop of A24 of the rainbow variety. The action goes check - bet - call. Turn brings a five, completing a random gutshot draw, but the betting is identical to the previous round. The river is an 8 he checks - I bet - he checkraises - I make a crying (to myself anyways) call knowing EXACTLY what he has....and of course he shows the A8. I should be able to lay this down on the river, right?

The session went pretty smoothly for me. I made about 35bbs in approximately 2.5 hours.

Here are my stats, let me know if they look close to what I should be doing... The stat that sticks out to me is the fact that I played 46 hands and won 37 of them, perhaps I was running better than I thought!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 146 hands and saw flop:
- 11 out 26 times while in big blind (42%)
- 12 out 25 times while in small blind (48%)
- 23 out 95 times in other positions (24%)
- a total of 46 out of 146 (31%)
Pots won at showdown - 15 of 17 (88%)
Pots won without showdown - 20

Thanks in advance for all your comments!
Old 01-16-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Seven hands from a shorthanded 5/10 session

You should post this in the small stakes forum.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM

you should post this in the short handed forum

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 01-16-2004, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pots won at showdown - 15 of 17 (88%)

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that you faired extremely well during this session! I highly doubt you can maintain anywhere near this showdown winning percentage; however, if you can, I have no desire to ever play against you.

Himura-san at pokerstars