Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Did i screw flop or is the man a mug?

I'm down to 6 fullring tables and trying to get funky with a few more hands, here's one that went [censored] up.

Pokerroom $25pl 10 handed
Hero is mp1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with a $25 stack
Villian (1) is the sb with $5
Villian (2) is button with $15

Folded to me and I limp, 2 more limpers including villian no.2 and the blinds check (it's a 25c-25c structure).

Now I know some people will say fold that junk early, but can't i be unpredictable sometimes?

The flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and there is $1.20 in it.

Shortstacked villian bets 60cents and it's 1 fold to me and i see this a a great opportunity to go crazy and hopefully get my hand shown down. I raise to $2.20, when the max raise is $3 or so, should I bump it to $3? I wanted to bet enough to get called by shortstack and fold higher flushes if there are any. Then show my hand and get more action in the future.

Villian with $13 on the button calls my raise and the shortstack pushes his last 3.90 into the middle, getting called by myself and the other dude on the button.

What's the plan for a blank turn? I'd like to think I'd push it but that might be a stupid idea considering I was called in two places.

Anyway, the turn is the T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] giving me my flush. Villian 2 has $10 behind him and the pot is $15 so I push it all in.

Board ends up 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the results, in white, are below.

<font color="white"> Harm0nica 77 shows [ 5heart,4heart ]
leksand1 shows [ 9heart,Qheart ]
mikeyleeds mucks cards
leksand1 wins $34.85.

</font>

So was the flop raise enough to do the job or did I, in some sick way give the man enough implied odds to call that bet?