Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Default OESD with paired board raised on turn in small pot

Read: Villian is loose something like 50/8/0,9

This is a bad fold right I have pot odds and emplied odds makes this call +EV.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-10-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: OESD with paired board raised on turn in small pot

correct, this is a bad fold.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:12 PM

I don't think it's a terrible fold, but I do think it's close.

You're getting 6:1 to call the raise, but you need to discount your outs. Villain most likely has trips. If you complete your straight with a J, that might give villain a full house, if he has JT. He might also be semi-bluff raising with a spade draw, in which case you have 6 outs instead of 8. He might be free-rolling you with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Of course, it's also possible you're drawing completely dead.

As for implied odds, well I think we actually have reverse implied odds. How much action do you really want to get? If you get a lot of action with your straight, how confident will you be that you have the best hand?

So, I don't hate the fold, but I think it's close, in this small pot. Call me weak/tight.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:17 PM

Sure enough this guy has the ten so maybe we could discount a half or one out, but still we could checkraise him on the river and win often enough to warrant the turn call I think.

It'll suck when he makes it 3, but theres quite a few other hands this guy might have that includes a T
Old 11-10-2005, 08:27 PM

If the pot were just a BB or two bigger, then it becomes an automatic call. As it is now, you're just barely gettings odds. So it's close. In fact, because it's so close, it probably doesn't matter either way, long term.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 PM

Actually, there's that whole metagame, don't-encourage-people-to-take-shots-at-you thing, so that has to be worth something, too. So go ahead and call. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there's that whole metagame, don't-encourage-people-to-take-shots-at-you thing, so that has to be worth something, too. So go ahead and call. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that too. And thats so important. If lags think of you as weak tight they'll try and move of every other pot your in.