Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: I can\'t be ahead

I think you should call here too, I think you're good enough to justify the pot odds. Remember it's not just a question of am I beat, but how often am I beat for the price I'm getting.

In these kidns of hands, I think the following line has merit. Cap the flop and see how he reacts on the turn. If he just bets into you with reckless abandon it may be time to fold, if he checkraises it's probably time to fold, if not you can safely bet the turn and, if you choose, bet the river. I thik you hand is just about at the right value for that line.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Default I lyed

I actually called the river and was shown AA. I guess my call wasn't bad considering most of you advocated a call. It still seems to me very unlikely that the player would be getting out of line with A high on the river.

SGS
Old 12-07-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

call, expect to win sometimes, and certainly enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Don't you think that you'll win this 1 out of 7?

[/ QUOTE ]
This 1 in 7 math is all well and good for the river. But if we are in calldown mode after the flop our effective odds are way worse than the 1 in 7 we will be offered on the river in isolation once we get there.

However, we are definitely seeing the river since we have 6 outs on the turn. Calling UI is a read thing.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 PM

reckless,
you would muck the turn if bet into after capping the flop? aren't you pricing yourself in to at least call down U/I?
as for the hand i turn into a calling station just like everyone else said as well.

-tony
Old 12-07-2005, 05:36 PM

On the days I feel I'm playing well, I fold the river. Sometimes I fold the flop when it's 3-bet back to me. The hand range of your opponent is pretty much a lock for the overpair without any other information.

- Jim