Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Collective Conscious physics of

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I do know to the extent anyone knows I guess (it's what I work on) but yes, the central idea is completely ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ] Although CC goes much further than mirror neurons, as someone that works in the feild what is your opinion on mirror neurons?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I do know to the extent anyone knows I guess (it's what I work on) but yes, the central idea is completely ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ] Although CC goes much further than mirror neurons, as someone that works in the feild what is your opinion on mirror neurons?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's plenty of literature on mirror neurons and their role in learning. Considering what is known about observational learning it would have been surprising if they never found such neurons.
I suspect that someone in one of these pseudosciences grabbed the idea and ran with it in a direction it's not supposed to go to.
I'm not sure what you're asking about otherwise.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or instead of mirror neurons if you wish, what a developing paradigm shift or major advancement taking place in your field with "widespreadish" consequences?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect that someone in one of these pseudosciences grabbed the idea and ran with it in a direction it's not supposed to go to.

[/ QUOTE ] I am sure someone has ran away in a not logical direction. It is in essence commincation at the speed of light, using sight. The idea of CC is that there is a method of communication using something unkown or in a different fashion than currently thought.

I'm asking things that I think might enhance my knowledge and understanding of the world.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I am sure someone has ran away in a not logical direction. It is in essence commincation at the speed of light, using sight. The idea of CC is that there is a method of communication using something unkown or in a different fashion than currently thought.

I'm asking things that I think might enhance my knowledge and understanding of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certainly not criticizing you on this thread. It's good to think. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:45 PM

Ok cool it appears that no one wants to examine the possiblity of a concious universe, or a collective concious. Fair enough, what do you work on?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok cool it appears that no one wants to examine the possiblity of a concious universe, or a collective concious. Fair enough, what do you work on?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that no one wants to examine it. It's that, based on what we know about things, it doesn't have a leg to stand on.
A thread on what I work on would bore most people to tears. Basically, encoding of sensory information and guidance of movement.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM

A metaphorical “Great Disturbance in the Force?”
This ongoing experiment suggests that as mass mind moves, so does matter. The effect is modest in terms of its absolute magnitude, but it appears to be a real, persistent effect. The arrow of causation seems to go from mind to matter, but at this early stage we need to remain open to other possible explanations. Perhaps there is a third, as yet unidentified common cause, or even no cause at all, as in acausal synchronicities.

For most of the twentieth century, physicists were reluctantly forced to seriously reconsider common sense assumptions about the apparent gulf between observer and observed, in the latter half of the twentieth century, investigators developed increasingly rigorous methods for explicitly testing mind-matter interactions. As the twenty-first century dawns, when we ask, "For whom does the bell toll?," the response appears to resonate with John Donne's poetic reply in the seventeenth century "No man is an island.The bell tolls for thee."

Old 10-26-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A metaphorical “Great Disturbance in the Force?”
This ongoing experiment suggests that as mass mind moves, so does matter. The effect is modest in terms of its absolute magnitude, but it appears to be a real, persistent effect. The arrow of causation seems to go from mind to matter, but at this early stage we need to remain open to other possible explanations. Perhaps there is a third, as yet unidentified common cause, or even no cause at all, as in acausal synchronicities.

For most of the twentieth century, physicists were reluctantly forced to seriously reconsider common sense assumptions about the apparent gulf between observer and observed, in the latter half of the twentieth century, investigators developed increasingly rigorous methods for explicitly testing mind-matter interactions. As the twenty-first century dawns, when we ask, "For whom does the bell toll?," the response appears to resonate with John Donne's poetic reply in the seventeenth century "No man is an island.The bell tolls for thee."

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much ridiculous. Besides the logic behind it (Does the tsunami devestation mean I'm more likely to fill up against that guy's nut flush?) it looks like some serious data selection problems going on there. If you give me a mass of data and I can compare any part of it to any other of my choosing and run the "right" statistics you can "prove" just about anything you want.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the logic behind it (Does the tsunami devestation mean I'm more likely to fill up against that guy's nut flush?)

[/ QUOTE ] It means that the dirrection of varience on that day is likey to be greater than on other days.

[ QUOTE ]
If you give me a mass of data and I can compare any part of it to any other of my choosing and run the "right" statistics you can "prove" just about anything you want.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think this is meant as proff. Merely correlation. Proof has been dismal in the research of a CC. Every experiement that gives good evidence has falied to give good evidence when repeated. RNG's are realitively new and may give us a repeatable experiment.

I'd still like you to give a dumbed down discription of information processing and movement, as it wouldn't bore me to tears..