Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Home Game: Flopped K high flush

.5-1 blind home game.

I have no read on the villain because the game started with 2 tables but we have recently broken down to one table.

My table image is psycotic-LAG. The 'how is it possible that he makes money by playing such crappy cards so aggressively' type LAG. I have the table covered.

UTG (aggro but I have had his number all night) with $250 raises to $3, all fold to me in the SB with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I see the BB reaching for 3 chips and I call. BB ($175) calls.

FLOP ($9): Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets $9, BB raises to $25 (I have him on a hand ranging from the dry A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to the flopped nuts), UTG folds, Hero?

Turn: Spade - Hero?
Turn: Non-Spade - Hero?

-Steve
Old 03-16-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Home Game: Flopped K high flush

I probably go ahead and reraise here. If he moves all in you have to consider whether he'd do it just drawing to the flush. You played K 8 suited and hit the perfect flop for it. Only 1 hand beats you and since you have a loose image you have no reason to think you're beat here. You could also make an arguement for just calling. If you put him on the As then if the turn is a spade you'll have to let it go otherwise check raise the turn and get value for your hand.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:47 PM

a turn C/R may allow villain to get to the river for free with the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop: I think I'd call the re-raise and see what develops on the turn.

Turn: I'd lead 2/3 pot on any turn card. If its a spade and I get re-raised again I might consider folding (but probably would not). If its not a spade and I get Re-raised again I'd still call and value bet the river.

Since you've been playing like a "maniac" Villain could easily think you're on top pair or bottom two vs his set or smaller flush, etc. I dont think he would raise the flop with the nut flush... would try to milk some more bets out of your "crazy" LAG self, who he knows will be betting once again. I think your hand definitely has showdown value due to your table image and I'd try to build a decent size pot in this spot.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:12 PM

The point of being a psycho-LAG is that you can get calls on your made hands. Easy push. Don't show if he folds.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:25 PM

Your hand is almost certainly best on the flop, pop it back up to $100 on the flop and push any turn card. Given your image, you will probably be called by any smaller flush, set, two pair, overpair or maybe even a dry A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 03-16-2005, 04:08 PM

I am not worried about the nut flush. Obviously if it is out there then the villain takes my stack.

I am trying to think of what would be the best line to get our stacks into the pot.

I am not worried about trapping TPTK or worse hands for any more money, rather I want to maximize what I get out of this hand when the villain holds 2 pair or better.

Possible lines that I can think of here:

Push.

Raise 50 more and auto push the turn if called

Call and bet 60 on the turn and push the river.

But which line will make me the most against the wide range of hands that I might be against. Also, if I do see a turn I will have to lose my stack if another spade falls and he has the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but my action will likely be killed if another spade falls and he doesnt have the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

-Steve
Old 03-16-2005, 04:30 PM

It would be kinda hard for BB to have the nutflush already, unless you know he will call raises OOP with Axs. Not to mention there is no reason for him to raise the nutflush with someone else to act behind.

I would re-raise here. Try to get all in when you are most likely ahead, because another spade could give him the nuts (if he's calling a raise with AQ, A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) or could just kill your action (if he has a set or two pair).
Old 03-16-2005, 04:51 PM

how many players? utg 10-handed is not utg 7-handed.

i'd make it 70 on the flop. push a non-spade, check-call a spade. as someone else said, part of the equity of playing like a maniac is getting KQ to stack off against you.

also, fold pre-flop even if BB is telegraphing.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:54 PM

I think that 7 hands were dealt at the table on this hand.I should have specified.

[ QUOTE ]
... check-call a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I reraised (not all in) the flop, I would push any turn, spade or no spade.

If a spade falls then the villain is going to call my all in if he has the nuts and will fold if he has 2pr or a set. He will only call the river if he fills up so why give him infinite odds to catch up?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the table conditions, K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a +EV call for me here. That is the only part of the hand that played itself.

-Steve
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that 7 hands were dealt at the table on this hand.I should have specified.

[ QUOTE ]
... check-call a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I reraised (not all in) the flop, I would push any turn, spade or no spade.

If a spade falls then the villain is going to call my all in if he has the nuts and will fold if he has 2pr or a set. He will only call the river if he fills up so why give him infinite odds to catch up?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the table conditions, K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a +EV call for me here. That is the only part of the hand that played itself.

-Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

i was arguing to check the turn to induce a bluff. but now that i've thought about it a little more, i think you're right - i like a turn push on a spade better. villain will probably check behind on the turn with 2 pair/set to try to fill up, so the only way to induce a bluff would be to check the turn and river, which seems pretty unappealing.