Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Burnt Out

I'm not finding the orginal post that contains all the rules, but basically...

You start with 15BB at any level(.25/.5=$7.5, .5/1=$15, 1/2=$30...), I prefer starting at .5/1. Everytime you reach 15BB for the next level, you move up. IF you drop below the 15BB mark, you can move down to the previous level, however, I like letting it ride. Play for 150 minutes(I think...), and post the results
Old 12-21-2005, 04:15 PM

limit i presume?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:21 PM

yea, give it a shot...
Old 12-21-2005, 04:54 PM

I will later when I have the time. I just won a fun amount ($17) in NL 25! it was much more exciting than any 1/2 game i've played lately
Old 12-21-2005, 05:35 PM

Heres whats I did the first week of Decemeber when I was feeling a lot of burnout due to some huge variance swings.

I took a week off from playing my normal 1/2 full game and played some .04/.08 Omaha hi/lo on Stars.

Never really played Omaha h/l before and I sure looked the fool going to showdown betting with my 3 cards to the flush in my hand. Pair of fours???, but I have a flush, oh #$%#$%#!

Or going to showdown with my A2478 low (78 in my hand) against 5 opponents thinking I got the NUT low.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:38 PM

bb challenges are fun (I might do one tonight), also something else that helps you let off steam is just bring like 1-2 dollars to a .02/.04 table (stars or whatever), and just raise/reraise everything. Pissing off other people is a great way to make yourself feel better. All the better if you get some ridiculous suckouts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 06:38 PM

move down to 0.02/0.04 where playing is actually fun, and donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk around
Old 12-21-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move down to 0.02/0.04 where playing is actually fun, and donk donk donk ... donk donk donk around

[/ QUOTE ]

This rocks! There is nothing like bet/raise every single street of every single hand and relish every curse you get from the others at the table.

As a added bonus, you can usually turn a .05-.06 profit!

Author's Note: I condensed Miles' post for brevity sake by removing most of the donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk donk.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) Switch it up and do some 15BB Challenges

[/ QUOTE ]

I endorse this idea. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, anything that isn't normal, grinding ring play is a great idea. SNGs, MTTs, donkdonkdonkadonkdonking around, nano stud, whatever. Switching up has always helped bring me out of a funk.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:03 PM

Moving up is never a good solution. Consider that at 2/4 you would have lost twice as much money on these hands. Twice after experiencing the same thing you described I've moved down 2 levels to regain confidence (2/4->1/2->.50/1 and 5/10->3/6->2/4).

A few suggestions:

1.) Don't play 4 hour marathon sessions especially if you are prone to going on tilt. Try to play shorter sessions, take a break and then come back and play more if you like or even take the rest of the day off.

2.) Try REALLY hard to stop playing when you feel like you are tilting no matter how juicy the table is. Playing scared/crazy-aggressive are sure ways to lose money at almost any table.

3.) Take a few days or a week off. Especially if you feel a bad beat coming on every time you sit down. Especially if you don't need the money there's no need to make it a miserable experience. Come back when you are ready to enjoy playing again.

4.) Remember when you play that bad beats are part of the game. You give bad beats and you get bad beats. They should not affect your play no matter how huge the pot is or how many players runner-runnered you. If the person did something crazy, make a note - but don't let it put you on tilt. Focus on optimal play, always.

5.) Remember that it's "poker money". This can get more difficult as you move up. Losing 50BB can be really painful when you think that you could have bought a stereo system/computer/car/etc with that money. Remind yourself that you are playing with a slight edge and that 50BB swings are normal and in fact part of the game.

D5