Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: another viewpoint

I really have no idea about what the insiders of Scientology actually believe or would do. I'm sure there are many people who speak out against them that have nothing to go on but what they've heard.

I just read this crazy article in Rolling Stone 977/978 about the Children of God. River Phoenix and Rose McGowan grew up in it. Basically, some guy had all of these followers and one day decided to tell everyone that if God didn't want children to have sex, he wouldn't of made them able to enjoy it. So everyone took his word that this is how you are supposed to express love and the whole group starts practicing pedophilia and incest. Supposedly there are over 10,000 members from around the world.

Here's a site exposing it:
http://www.watchman.org/profile/fampro.htm

I wont link to the official sites that came up on google, but one I just looked at is super creepy. Anyway, i'd rather have people believing in aliens spirits than this crap.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: South Park blasting Scientology

[ QUOTE ]
So are you saying that all the stuff that they were saying in the episode while they had "Scientologists actually believe this stuff," is ACTUALLY what Scientologists believe? That has to be wrong. That's [censored] insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

supposedly the alien crap isn't revealed until they have been in the church for several years and have been thoroughly brainwashed.

I've also read that there are written records that before he wrote Dianetics, Hubbard would talk about what a great scam it would be to found a religion.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: South Park blasting Scientology

[ QUOTE ]
Torrent for the show for all you lazy folk.

P.S. This episode ruled. The R.Kelly bit makes me wonder how long from conception of the ideas to production it actually takes them to churn out an episode.

The R.Kelly trapped in a closet music video isn't all that old is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

at least a few months