Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: whats better +EV, 6max or 10max?

[ QUOTE ]
I stole blinds and pots left right and center.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good reason to play 10-max.

But I just find 10-max to be easier to multitable, so I play that.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good reason to play 10-max.

But I just find 10-max to be easier to multitable, so I play that.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe you may be right, I was trying to say I was winning a bunch of blinds and tiny pots I limped into. No-one was giving action.
But yes it was easy money.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On my prima site. The 10 person tables where full of fish. I think that site would be ideal to open 4 10 person tables and only play premium hands.

I was clearing the 100 november bonus on empire on friday night and decided to play some 10 handed for some thing different. MY GOD was it tight. I couldnt believe it.
My theory was, everyone was in for the cheapest way to clear the bonus. Which is fold hands on the 10 person and have less blinds.

To wrap up this long winded reply. Depending on your site, your going to half to play both for a couple thousand hands and let your tracker software tell you. From what Ive seen the difference was night and day between the two sites.

And I agree with the other posters, 10 handed bores me to tears [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
On what limit was the prima site full of fish? was it at 5c/10c or higher? how long did you play 10handed at the limit that you did? thx, and they to everyone that replied
Old 11-15-2005, 01:27 AM

I'm new to 6-max and it's definately harder than full. But, i'm hoping it will make me a better player and help me move up faster so I can make some real money. Bonus whoring and playing more tables ABC style is getting old and has probably held me back. It does seem like you get some of the best players at 6max along with the worst. So it's less donks per table, but you get more hands against them. Sometimes it's like that scene in Karate Kid where the bad guys are in a circle taking turns giving round-house kicks to Daniel-san. I love that.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:54 AM

i think 6max gives a winning player the potential to win more. the players are just as bad, and in many cases worse. u get to see more hands per hour. and there are more marginal situation, which in the long run will favor a better poker player. as for multi tabling, i have no problem playing up to 6 tables of 6max. i think i could play 8 full ring, but as to say u cant multi table short handed games thats not true...
Old 11-15-2005, 02:11 AM

if your playing the same amount of tables either way, then 6max makes you more in rakeback too..
Old 11-15-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if your playing the same amount of tables either way, then 6max makes you more in rakeback too..

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good point i havent thought of be4, thx