Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 AM

Default poker academy pro

Hey all, I want to ask anyone who actively utilizies poker academy if it seems to make stupid calls on all-in bets. I am at about 9500 hands on pap and am up on the comp about 3000 small bets, playing exclusively 2/4 nl. I have not reconfigured the computer at all, except to make it never increase the blinds.
I have had three recent experiences in which the computer would call my all-in, twice before the flop and once after, with hands that that just didn't seem to justify it.
For example, I held kk before the flop, was in middle position and went all in hoping to induce a call, I was called, with 55. the rest of the hand went my way. Another time the comp called me after the flop with a pocket pair of twos, I had pocket aces, the board was all undercards, no straight possibility, and it was rainbow.
I play tight but aggressive and have been for 5000 hands, I would think it would adjust to me and beat me up some more, but it seems almost lethargic in style now.
I only play poker on poker academy and a few live games with friends for nickels and dimes. I intend to go online very soon, and want to know if this software is a good primer, or is mine malfunctioning?
I am currently reading sshe and have read hefap. although it was over my head.
If I am wasting my time with pap I certainly want to get back on track before hitting the net

my deepest thanks,
Cambraceres