Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Don\'t Use Prophecy!

[ QUOTE ]
but if you've been using it, and it's against the T&C of the site, well, sucks for you. they are entirely within their rights to forfeit the funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except their terms are really vague and I had no idea this was against them. I wish party poker would set up a webpage where they would say which software is allowed and which isn't. Also I disagree that they should be able to close my account for something like this. It's not like I'm winning these things because I'm using this software (and I rarely use it at that).
Old 07-09-2005, 02:50 PM

Losing your funds for using PokerProphecy would be like getting a speeding ticket while driving a Yugo.

I can't imagine losing all my money just for using what is essentially a worthless program. Yet another reason not to buy it.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:52 PM

We are currently working with Party Poker to see if they really want to lose 20,000 customers.

We should find out shortly what they determine is the best course of action until then I would suggest all Poker Prophecy users to use our online database.

Also no accounts have actually been banned and the higherups we have spoken with at Party Poker were not aware of these emails being sent.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Except their terms are really vague and I had no idea this was against them. I wish party poker would set up a webpage where they would say which software is allowed and which isn't. Also I disagree that they should be able to close my account for something like this. It's not like I'm winning these things because I'm using this software (and I rarely use it at that).

[/ QUOTE ]

Taken from another post:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

PartyPoker strictly prohibits usage of programs that:

1) Automate playing of the hand in any way

2) Participate in collusion or any other cheating methods

3) Use any information which may provide you with an unfair advantage through cheating

We detect and block programs that fall in any of the above categories. Usage of such programs may result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

Regarding your query on 'poker-edge', 'poker-edge' falls in the above categories and usage of 'poker-edge' will result in poker account closure and funds forfeiture as per our Terms and Conditions.

In regards to ýpokertracker and playerviewý, please note that our teams of game experts, in consultation with the Technical team are constantly evaluating software, in order to determine the suitability of such third party programs and their compatibility with our Poker Client software and Terms and Conditions. At present, we have no immediate plans to block this software, but the situation is under constant review.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,
Gopichand
Investigations Team
alerts@Partypoker.com<br />
[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps if you believe you are not being in any way aided in your "winning of these things" by the software, you should not use it?

citanul
Old 07-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Of all the stupid [censored]-ing [censored] Party could possibly do, they pick out the one program that sucks too much to possibly give someone an edge at the tables. I have the program, but only as entertainment, and I can't say I've ever gotten a useful piece of information from it. Do these people have any idea who is paying the rake? It's not the donks who deposit $100, lose it, and never play again.

Sorry, I'm just venting. It's irritating and insulting that Party implies that I'm so stupid I think I can gain an advantage by using Prophecy.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are currently working with Party Poker to see if they really want to lose 20,000 customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

i very much doubt that 20,000 people will stop playing at party over this. more likely, party will explain to them that they can have their accounts back nice and clean if they stop using your software.

to my knowledge, and this may have changed or something, your service is a one time payment thing, not a monthly deal, so well, you got your money and you're good.

perhaps, since you are posting here, you'd like to defend against hte proposition that your software is explicitely against the terms and conditions of party poker?

citanul
Old 07-09-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... Yeah, so you think everyone would choose to keep PokerProphecy and leave Party Poker? Right. Bet that just scared the pants off the people at Party Poker.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:57 PM

fwiw, they're attempting to cut back on ALL the other software, not just prophecy, which i will agree, is a terribly bad service from what i hear.

citanul
Old 07-09-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean you lose 20,000 customers. I've already uninstalled your software, and I want a refund. You obvioulsy knew this stuff was going on yet you didn't say anything.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:01 PM

I assume you can still use the website to look things up. Have they started cracking down on PV/PT yet?
Closed Thread