Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Another fun play I was using the other night (no hand)

Same night as other post where I was overbetting.

When we were 4 handed late in the night I was playing against 2 complete retards and one plain bad player. The bad player was on my right and made it $30 to go every hand and $50 on the flop and was profiting a great deal from the other players. I was unable to raise many of these players off a hand because they would call with any pair/any draw so most flops were the 3 of them for 30 each with me folding.

Obviously I was losing $10 every four hands so I needed to at the very least see one in 15 hands (if I saw the flop there was $120 in it.) Everyone noticed when I entered a hand so sometimes when I entered a hand with a marginal holding I would let out an audible *sigh* a yawn or do something else to look blatantly weak (and weak of course means strong, except for when it actually means weak.) I would then bet $75 on the flop no matter what hit. I tried this 5 times (i couldnt over use it) and it worked every time.

Twice one of my opponents flashed me 2nd pair (they would call a $75 flop bet with QT high against the other guys) as they mucked.

Normally I try to run a short handed table over, especially with these big blinds. But given my competition I had to tighten up and I found that acting weak gave me the opportunity to make an easy $540 over a three hour span (this play allowed me to fold the blinds and other calls when I actually had strong holdings and missed - I folded those hands and waited until I either hit or set up the hand earlier with my body language in order to bet.)

-Steve
Old 01-05-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Another fun play I was using the other night (no hand)

[ QUOTE ]
(they would call a $75 flop bet with QT high against the other guys)

[/ QUOTE ]

Take down their phone numbers!

-DB