Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:50 PM

Default AA3x, river decision? 3/6 6max

PokerStars 3/6 Omaha/8 (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.66 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP BETS
Final Pot: 13.66 BB

The only read I have on MP is that he just posted his blind UTG, and my notes on him say "Lag Fish"

Oh, and I shoulda capped preflop and called flop I think... right?
Old 10-20-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: AA3x, river decision? 3/6 6max

Percussion - Wow! Wild action on the first and second betting rounds! Is it always like this? You have a very nice - but not what I'd consider a fantastic starting hand. I'm wondering if your opponents also have very nice starting hands or if this is Bluff'em City. Are these guys high on meth?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I shoulda capped preflop and called flop I think... right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're thinking you have the best starting hand. Probably you do. However, with all this action, I'd have doubts.

If you get a lot of money in the pot early, aren't you more likely to get stuck in the pot with your aces? Doesn't that lead to tending to over-play your aces after the flop (because of the size of the pot)?

But after the flop all you have is an over-pair and the second nut low draw! Is that a good flop fit in these games? (It wouldn't be in my games). I guess you went for a check-raise, then continued with your play even though you were facing a double bet!

Wow!

Does blasting away work for you in these games? You're describing a different world than I encounter when I play!

Awesome!

[ QUOTE ]
river decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call because of the size of the pot.

Buzz