Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Two bar exams in three days suck ass (no content)

gl man
Old 07-28-2005, 10:24 PM

NJ was my other one.

So how about not one, not two, but *three* cell phones going off during the NY bar in my location - the last two on the second day? Jebus, people are stupid.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh well, it's over and now I am pwning every guaranteed tournament Empire has in the next two months

[/ QUOTE ]

They are very soft... with two tables left in one of these I litterally raised every hand pf and bet every flop, so tight weak it was awesome. My stack grew 50% while going carddead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 PM

My brother's best friend/roomate has the best bar exam story.

Someone in the room was having a seizure or something and my brother's friend, who had medical training, spent quite a lot of time helping this person. He ended up failing that section and the whole exam and they wouldn't cut him any slack. The story got out and he ended up getting on a talk show (I think Jay Leno) and they ended up letting him pass or retake that section or something like that.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:03 AM

nice work taking 2 bars - i guess that's common in the ny/nj area? as someone who took only the ca bar a few years back i can tell you that it will be nice to have interstate options.
what i hated the most about the bar was passing and then having people minimizing the accomplishment by saying 'i knew you'd pass.' dirty dogs.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:16 AM

Of all the info I crammed into my noggin over the two months leading up the Bar, hearsay doctrine was the first I made a point to completely forget and never think about ever, ever again (with a couple of necessary work-related exceptions).

But I disagree with the K5o push calls being bad, unless you're pushing some serious crap yourself. That's a good thing, like getting an easy subject-matter-jurisdiction question as your first Bar Essay to get you off on the right foot (vs. some f-d up hearsay question).
Old 07-29-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of all the info I crammed into my noggin over the two months leading up the Bar, hearsay doctrine was the first I made a point to completely forget and never think about ever, ever again (with a couple of necessary work-related exceptions).

But I disagree with the K5o push calls being bad, unless you're pushing some serious crap yourself. That's a good thing, like getting an easy subject-matter-jurisdiction question as your first Bar Essay to get you off on the right foot (vs. some f-d up hearsay question).

[/ QUOTE ]
the reason he hates being called by K5o on the bubble is he is most likely dominated. At least I am when i get called by K5o on the bubble.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:11 PM

It's funny, but it doesn't take much actual practice for the hearsay rule to just be so easy that you'll forget it was ever even a question.

Granted, I have a crystal clear memory of making a hearsay objection in my first trial that was just so clearly not hearsay (the question did call for a witness to say what someone else said, and that was enough for eager, ignorant me).

What states did you take? I've never had a hankering to go back and do another, I hated it so much.