Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Weird played AA hand

Both villans are average for 5/10 with UTG being the weaker of the two. UTG raise =AJ+. Buttons 3-bet= PP 88-AA/AK. I played this one strangly and I will explain later.

What do you put these guys on and how would you have played it?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11.00 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (17.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 23.00 BB.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Weird played AA hand

Don't bet the river.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. The turn raise slows me down here, especially with all the aggression you have shown.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can easily agree with this. Button's PF,Flop and Turn play spells set to me. However it was UTG's flop play that was telling me he possibly held a K on the flop and I am also suspicious on button's call. Now when button raises the turn that says set to me but UTG still calls. So how could UTG hold less than a K here. Everything else would/should fold(except another unlikely AA). So on the river I'm thinking if UTG holds one K it is so unlikely for Button to hold KK. Hence my river lead.

Does anyone else read through this hand differently.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can easily agree with this. Button's PF,Flop and Turn play spells set to me. However it was UTG's flop play that was telling me he possibly held a K on the flop and I am also suspicious on button's call. Now when button raises the turn that says set to me but UTG still calls. So how could UTG hold less than a K here. Everything else would/should fold(except another unlikely AA). So on the river I'm thinking if UTG holds one K it is so unlikely for Button to hold KK. Hence my river lead.

[/ QUOTE ]
My read was:
UTG: AK
Button: 99

Button's flop coldcall and turn raise trapping both of you even though it was capped preflop and a K came on the flop just scream 99. He HAS to know AK is at best a split, he could be doing it with AA (but as you said, that's only 1 combo). Can't bet the river.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My read was:

Button's flop coldcall and turn raise trapping both of you even though it was capped preflop and a K came on the flop just scream 99. He HAS to know AK is at best a split, he could be doing it with AA (but as you said, that's only 1 combo). Can't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick, You think Button coldcalls two on the flop W/99? After a SB PF cap and an UTG flop raise on a K high board.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My read was:

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick, You think Button coldcalls two on the flop W/99? After a SB PF cap and an UTG flop raise on a K high board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Slowplaying sets like this seem to be pretty standard for weak players. You have to agree it screams strength? Why would he play this way with AK? I could see him doing it with AA, but that's an unlikely hand. (and only a split)

The only other hand I can see him holding is KK, but as you say this hand goes down in likelyness when UTG seems to hold a K.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My read was:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Slowplaying sets like this seem to be pretty standard for weak players. You have to agree it screams strength? Why would he play this way with AK? I could see him doing it with AA, but that's an unlikely hand.

The only other hand I can see him holding is KK, but as you say this hand goes down in likelyness when UTG seems to hold a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Opps, sorry Nick. I looked back at the hand afetr you posted and thought the 9 hit on the turn. Anyway button had KK. UTG had QQ which is what threw off my whole read. Still betting the river was a mistake as I didn't give enough weight to a possible 99.