Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Most Obvious Bluff Ever?

no offense but turn check raise all ins for weak players are not often bluffs, this especially doesnt look like a bluff and isn't a good spot to bluff anyway. i would fold this fast, although i do like your play up to considering a call.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:09 AM

Ok, well with that, yes I did call. Damn near instacalled at that, and he showed 78d semi-bluffing an OESD. He misses the river, then immediately leaves the table. This is not to brag about being right but it just really really really looked like a bluff to me, apparently it really really doesn't and I shouldn't call. I usually try not to overplay top pair but this one got away from me...
Old 09-27-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, well with that, yes I did call. Damn near instacalled at that, and he showed 78d semi-bluffing an OESD. He misses the river, then immediately leaves the table. This is not to brag about being right but it just really really really looked like a bluff to me, apparently it really really doesn't and I shouldn't call. I usually try not to overplay top pair but this one got away from me...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's definitely player dependent. To be honest, I play flushes like this all the time because people will call with TP.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:04 PM

he could have 2 pair or a flush, I think even though you won it was a losing play in the majority of scenarios. Putting money in to huge overbets with either 3 or 0 outs is suboptimal.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:13 PM

More often than not I am finding that massive overbets are the nuts rather than bluffs - people thinking (maybe correctly) that if just one jackass calls it makes more than standard/value betting
Old 09-27-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it's a pretty big overbet and he would be pushing me off my hand if he really ahd the flush. Plus this is just a really good card to bluff on anyway because I probably don't have an ace even if I'm not that scared of the flush if I'm betting top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am new on this forum, so excuse lame questions.

for the villain to bluff here, wouldn't he also have to sometimes make the same play with the flush as well? it's $36 to call, the pot is $62, do you think he bluffs more than 1/3rd of the time here?