Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Randy Johnson thrown out in 2nd inning

Is anyone else watching this? Where did that come from?!? Totally out of nowhere, randy threw a pitch near the inside corner which he thought was a strike, no call, he apparently said something or barked at the home plate umpire who ran straight out and tossed him, no warning, nothing. Even the commentators were looking around like "uhh, what happened? can he do that?"

Well all I can say is WTF.

the ump had not been calling a good game at all, he game randy a strikeout on an obvious ball and missed two strikes.

as for the game, the yankees were down 3-1 until robinson cano hit a 3 run HR, and john flaherty hit a solo HR to add to his double. flahertys reaction was hilarious, it was easily a HR but he sprinted out of the box, ahhh the way of the backup catcher.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Randy Johnson thrown out in 2nd inning

also: this game is being shown on UPN (and on bonus coverage on ESPN since the sox game is rained out) instead of YES, is it just me or is the quality abysmal for everyone else? All the colors are off and its blurry, much worse than every other game, I dont know if its UPN being budget or the stadium.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM

I've always thought the coverage in Toronto was horrible. Both visually and with the audio.

Then again, maybe its the dome -- its equally horrible in Minnesota.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always thought the coverage in Toronto was horrible. Both visually and with the audio.

[/ QUOTE ]

all the bright colors are just blaring, and there are no edges on them. so its the dome not UPN, thats what i thought.

i think the yankees are going to need 2 touchdowns, scott proctor is pitching in the 4th inning. thats never a good sign. torontos on their 3rd pitcher 10 outs in, and the yankees have 2 runners on with no one out so theyre going to at least get 10 sometime tonight. hopefully they can get into double digits so the bullpen rests and the only people whose arms get spent are proctor and some other scrub.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all the bright colors are just blaring, and there are no edges on them. so its the dome not UPN, thats what i thought.

i think the yankees are going to need 2 touchdowns, scott proctor is pitching in the 4th inning. thats never a good sign. torontos on their 3rd pitcher 10 outs in, and the yankees have 2 runners on with no one out so theyre going to at least get 10 sometime tonight. hopefully they can get into double digits so the bullpen rests and the only people whose arms get spent are proctor and some other scrub.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cano is the man.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Dont you know robbie cano another HR. 11-3 I thoought randy getting thrown out might get them going.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:47 PM

It's frickin bad enough they have Giambi hitting better than anyone else in the AL. It's bad enough their top 5 of DJ, A-Rod, Giambi, Sheff, Matsui is easily the best in the league.

We DONT need to be seeing Robinson Cano start hitting grand slams one day, then 2 HR's the next. Or start seeing John Flaherty hit home runs either.

[censored], the Yankees just do not seem like they are ever going to lose again.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also: this game is being shown on UPN (and on bonus coverage on ESPN since the sox game is rained out) instead of YES, is it just me or is the quality abysmal for everyone else? All the colors are off and its blurry, much worse than every other game, I dont know if its UPN being budget or the stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night's game wasn't as good as normal either, IMO. I think YES is using Tampa's crew which apparently is not as good.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night's game wasn't as good as normal either, IMO. I think YES is using Tampa's crew which apparently is not as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

that stadium is soooo depressing to look at.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:12 PM

haha i'm happy as a clam.

the yankees arent likely to make up any ground today, boston is at home against some scrub on the mound and cleveland are up 3-1 with 6 outs left for KC.