Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Set of J\'s

$/5/$10 NL

Solid tight player raise in EP to $40. Im the only caller on the button with JJ. We both have $1000.

Pot is $95 and the flop comes KJ4 all spades. He bets $30, I raise to $130, he reraises to $500.

Standard push?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Set of J\'s

[ QUOTE ]
$/5/$10 NL

Solid tight player raise in EP to $40. Im the only caller on the button with JJ. We both have $1000.

Pot is $95 and the flop comes KJ4 all spades. He bets $30, I raise to $130, he reraises to $500.

Standard push?

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably either has AsA, AsK, or KK. AQs and QTs are possibilities but unlikely. Although AA and AK are more likely than KK, he is a huge favorite when he has KK, and you are only a 2:1 favorite when he has AA or AK. Its close, but I'd probably push.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:46 PM

Standard. We see black AA or A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K - If he has KK, so be it - Don't know if this guys raises A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EP, but whatever - I'm not getting away from this here.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:49 PM

Villans hand range is AQs, ATs, AA with spade, KK.

Allin is definately better than calling, but I don't think folding is out of question. you are not commited yet and though you have 35% equity vs made flush, I think against known 'solid' player, you are likely to be putting the money as 2:1 dog vs made flush.

I don't think none made hand like AA, KK would lead weak then come over the top with a committing raise, rather they'd probably pot it to begin with.

but still, i push here and river quads.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:50 PM

Push allin and suckout.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villans hand range is AQs, ATs, AA with spade, KK.

Allin is definately better than calling, but I don't think folding is out of question. you are not commited yet and though you have 35% equity vs made flush, I think against known 'solid' player, you are likely to be putting the money as 2:1 dog vs made flush.

I don't think none made hand like AA, KK would lead weak then come over the top with a committing raise, rather they'd probably pot it to begin with.

but still, i push here and river quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, I didn't notice the $30 lead on the flop. Not sure if that means he has the made flush. Maybe he would do that with KK to induce a raise so he could go over the top?
Old 08-05-2005, 02:52 PM

His underbet on the flop then reraise scares me. But using the logic slick did, I also push but am rather uneasy about it.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:54 PM

Is just calling villain's bet here a bad option, i often have trouble in such situations, and tend to raise..but im thinking calling isnt too bad..if he does have the flush and u boat up, he doesnt give u credit for it because of the flop call and u can destack him.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:07 PM

You're just gonna call and more than half your stack is the middle on the turn? A non-pairing spade hits then what? Fold to his push without seeing the river? No. Push now and see both cards.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:11 PM

I meant call the 30.