Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 11:03 PM

Default I hate these f\'ing donkbets

As often as I see them they still confuse the hell out of me. Villan was an absolute moron. Over almost 100 hands he's about an 80/10, passive, sees most rivers and less often showdowns.

Do I raise his fishy ass? I'm not folding to a 3-bet from this player. That said, I don't think he'd 3-bet too many hands that beat me. Maybe I should raise and fold to a reraise. I hate these goddammned bets.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>,
Old 06-08-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: I hate these f\'ing donkbets

Raising can't be right....
Old 06-08-2005, 11:06 PM

they are annoying, but your play is here is pretty obvious to me...you just call...
Old 06-08-2005, 11:06 PM

I've seen this a lot lately on the river where villain made a draw on the turn and don't want the river to be checked through; why they didn't check/raise at some point is beyond. Sometimes they are a set. It has been AA. I've just been calling unless I have a solid read.

Seriously, what is up with the dynamics of the game right now? I've seen more goofy shi[/i]t in the past week than I have in the previous months of my short poker career.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:07 PM

I call the river donkbet, especially from a player like this one who could have literally any 2 at this point in the hand (you can't rule out something like 93 or 33). Against a slightly more predictable opponent I could raise &amp; fold to a 3-bet.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, what is up with the dynamics of the game right now? I've seen more goofy shi[/i]t in the past week than I have in the previous months of my short poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]

i second.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:29 PM

I have one regular opponent who used to give me fits with her donkbets on weird turn &amp; river cards, until I figured out that only meant she'd paired that card, not 2 pair or anything. She'd c/r with that.

God I love predictable, loose players. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen this a lot lately on the river where villain made a draw on the turn and don't want the river to be checked through; why they didn't check/raise at some point is beyond me. Sometimes they are betting a weak pair. Sometimes they are betting a set. It has been AA. I've just been calling unless I have a solid read.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP. Two hours of sleep and a day of mathematics does not make for clear-headed thinking. Multi-tabling tonight would be a horrible idea.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:44 AM

Theory of Poker, pg 204, last postion play after your opponent has bet (Chap 21, heads up on the end) fwiw
Old 06-09-2005, 01:32 AM

Looks like the WA/WB line, except I dont think he's WA/WB.