Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 01:15 PM

Default A9s LP hand

MP2 is the type that raises because big pots are fun. BB is fishy lots of calling. I know this is 1/2 but it was a pretty good table thought I'd throw it out for criticism. Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
Old 06-08-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: A9s LP hand

After reading that I'm sure i shouldve raised the flop. But I dont think its improving my chances of winning the pot. BB is in regardless.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:19 PM

I don't like this hand.

The Cap is silly pre-flop, you have position, use that instead of donk bets.

If you're going to cap your Ace-semiPoo PF, then why aren't you following through with a Raise on the flop.

Why allow this to be checked through on the turn?

Given the way you fubar'ed this hand, I don't suppose I'd have alot of confidence on the river as well.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2005, 01:24 PM

Yeah i know... Thats why I posted it. I'm cutting down 1 table on my multi'ing cause of mistakes like this.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 is the type that raises because big pots are fun. BB is fishy lots of calling. I know this is 1/2 but it was a pretty good table thought I'd throw it out for criticism. Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (7.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure why you capped preflop

not sure why you didn't raise on the flop

not sure why you didn't bet the turn

you iso raised this nutty guy and he throws a couple bets at you and you tuck tail and run?
Old 06-08-2005, 01:26 PM

You have to bet the turn.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the pre-flop cap is crazy folks. I don't hate the flop call though. If this guy wants to bluff I might let him. Yes, you could say this is better if it were HU. But its isn't completely terrible here.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:33 PM

See I think i just changed my mind about what he might be raising preflop with...Which i know is awful I wasent thinking much obviously (Multi'ing.) But assuming he is bluffing shouldnt I just call and raise the turn card?
Old 06-08-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't hate the flop call though. If this guy wants to bluff I might let him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh.

You know “Waiting until the turn to raise” is becoming so en vogue on the boards, that I think a lot of people are missing bets.

Not to be results oriented (because I think it happens a lot, not just this hand) – look what happened on the turn. --- No One Bet. There is never going to be a guarantee that a Bluffer will bet the turn, or if a “safe” card comes, we’ll be able to raise a turn bet.

Don’t get me wrong, there are times when waiting for the turn to raise is best – Large Multiway pots.

I can’t see how this is one of them. OP has identified a player who likes to play big pots, and may not necessarily have hands to play them. The pot is only three handed. We have a not monster, but reasonable hand against a quasi-maniac. These are the flops you should be raising to extract value. Get your money in while the bettors are willing to put it in.

Old 06-08-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But assuming he is bluffing shouldnt I just call and raise the turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he bets.....