Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 08:19 PM

Default 25+2, Open for comments

Sorry, BisonBison is giving me internal error messages.

***** Hand History for Game 2391618039 *****
NL Texas Hold'em Trny:14083858 Level:1 Blinds (10/15) - Tuesday, July 19, 20:09:19 EDT 2005
Table $5000 Daily Guaranteed(394581) Table #11 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Mike1132 ( $985 )
Seat 2: chiefmax1 ( $970 )
Seat 3: FullHouseAA0 ( $970 )
Seat 4: ggaarryy57 ( $1290 )
Seat 5: assir1902 ( $835 )
Seat 6: nevadarae ( $1060 )
Seat 7: STBTF ( $950 )
Seat 8: frictionBurn ( $990 )
Seat 9: LillllC ( $720 )
Seat 10: bigkahunna ( $1230 )
Trny:14083858 Level:1
Blinds (10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to FullHouseAA0 [ Kd Ks ]
>You have options at Table 11473 Table!.
nevadarae folds.
STBTF folds.
frictionBurn calls [15].
LillllC folds.
bigkahunna calls [15].
Mike1132 folds.
chiefmax1 calls [15].
>You have options at Table 11478 Table!.
FullHouseAA0 raises [90].
ggaarryy57 folds.
assir1902 folds.
frictionBurn calls [75].
bigkahunna calls [75].
chiefmax1 calls [75].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, 2d, 7c ]
>You have options at Table 11473 Table!.
frictionBurn checks.
bigkahunna bets [125].
chiefmax1 folds.
FullHouseAA0 raises [250].
frictionBurn folds.
bigkahunna calls [125].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
bigkahunna checks.
FullHouseAA0 bets [500].
Old 07-19-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 25+2, Open for comments

I don't like the minraise, especially when the bet was such a small fraction of the pot to begin with. You're giving draws just about the right odds to call you. I'd raise to about 500-600 here.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:50 PM

Good point, the min raise was weak. But I can't see anything which I have beat liking the over pot size bet which you suggest. Perhaps 3/4 of the pot is better to make them pay for it yet attractive?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 AM

exactly what blackaces said, bet the pot or a bit more on flop. if its checked to you on the turn then push (assuming turn card is relatively safe), you'll get called by pretty much any hand a certain percentage of the time (yes literally any two cards) i'm not sure how long you played at that table or if you knew how loose the table was (maybe it wasnt and they were all limping with pocket pairs?), but it looks like a bigger raise preflop would've been beneficial. I'd have probably raised to 100, pretty much like you, and then gotten pissed off 3 people called lol. buts its a 25+2, what do ya expect?

to actually answer your question though, I think I'm calling or pushing in this situation (i think a call would be more appropriate but im not really sure i cant think right now), under the assumption that nobody (sane) would call your raise preflop holding a 2, unless its 22 or A2s, which I think are both improbably enough that its +ev for you to play like he doesn't have one of those hands, compared to assuming he does and folding, which i think is pretty unlikely. Additionally, I don't think anybody (sane) is raising w/A2s when they flop a pair of 2s and no draw with that many players left to act behind him, including the player who made large preflop raise. Only way he has a 2 is if he has quads, which don't really need a strong bet on the turn... or if he flopped two pair, but i'm praying that he's not the worst player in the world and called your preflop raise w/27o. Of course he could have turned a boat, in which case you're pretty [censored]. im probably calling/pushing here hoping he doesnt have a set or a full house even without a read on him, only because its a 25+2 and you already have a lot of chips in the middle and I don't want to be short stacked against the kind of players in this tournament... every good player is gonna end up getting donked in one of these and needs to have chips to survive it. so i'm putting my chips in the middle here. after all this rambling, i think the most likely scenario is that he is holding top pair and knows the two on the turn won't help you if you're holding overcards. so yea i hope u called/pushed and have results to post.

-kyle

lol ok so after all of that, i just reread the OP and saw that you CHECKED the turn, in which case he could be raising with pretty much anything here trying to take the pot down. and he could have a flush draw but if he does his odds aren't looking too good right now anyway.

also, sorry if anything is incoherent or something - i havent slept in more than a day i think.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:59 PM

#1 Kyle, go to sleep. Your post is very difficult to read/understand. I do ... kind of understand what you are saying in certain parts, but most of your talk is circular.

#2 and more importantly...

Raise this flop considerably more strongly. A min raise drags along anyone for what will certainly be good enough odds for almost any hand! He could have a 78 suited and be correct to call just on odds of making a backdoor flush, backdoor straight, and two pair or trips. Factor that in with the fact that you may just have two high cards and you're making it an easier decision for him.

You should probably raise about half to 2/3 the size of the pot here, (in the range of 400 so 525 total )In this way, you are laying him 2.5-1 odds, which is not enough for him to call correctly with most possible hands.

If he reraises you all in, be prepared to release this. He can have you beat with a variety of hands (as sad as that is... and sorry, I haven't checked how many chips you had so I may be wrong here. If you have less than 400 or so chips left, you will have to commit to it).
Old 07-20-2005, 02:14 PM

siht man drugs i cant sleep damn lol