Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Responses

Man,

That is one of the dumbest ideas i've ever heard. First of all, you will be prosecuted.

Second of all, here in South Carolina, you most certainly would have your ass beat. Repeatedly.

What kind of a woman are you that you can't go get the money? If the guys owes you money you say "Hey bro, I want one hundred bucks a week for the next two months" If he doesn't pay, you steal some of his stuff and sell it.

You certainly don't defraud a bank. They will most certainly stick it in you and break it off.

Sigma
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but resolving debt by letting someone play on your account is asking for trouble. I gave my friend my Party account info to let him play. He did, he lost, he gave me what he lost. Fine so far.
Couple days later suddenly there's about $70 discrepancy in the account. I asked him, and he said yeh I played a few tournaments last night. Now, he gave me the cash right away, but that's not the issue. I don't want to log-on just before a tournament I thought I had enough in which to play, find it's no longer there, and don't have free cash to throw in just then. He also played a few FPP freerolls w/o consulting me.
He gets pissed at me because I decided to go ahead and change my password. In short, think long and hard before you let someone play on your account.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:36 AM

No I don't. If Sean causes the transfer the authorities will figure it out. Damn you are really being a dumbass. Why the hell do you wnat to argue it is alright. If you're gonna do it just do it.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:25 PM

OK let's say that committing wire fraud and felony for the sake of $700 is like pushing all in on UTG in hand one of a $5 SnG with 72o

Do you see now why detailed analysis isn't required?

In fact it's worse, coz the Donkey above might just get away with it - this is more like calling someone else's all-in on the first hand of a $5 SnG with 72o

A lesson in life that is easily worth $700 is 'you should never lend money you aren't prepared to view as a gift'

That's not Shakespeare or even Ben Franklin, but it's still a good rule to live by..

I have 'lent' a friend $250 to start playing online poker - if he makes money and pays it back fine. If he goes bust and doesn't pay it back that's fine too. It is the only sensible way you can view these matters
Old 10-26-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Shady potential fraud and thievery (long)

Gamble up!

Transfer the money to Party but do not inter-account transfer it. Dump it in a big NL game to a 3rd party. No solid tracks now. Use the library computer. Overall risk? Medium, kinda like selling a pound of dope.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:23 PM

People act like such tools, like $700 is an ungodly large sum of money, they're willing to ruin friendships and embarass the hell out of themselves and ruin their name over 700 bucks, sad.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:30 PM

i was in a similar situation with a kid who owed me about $1300. he had given me his email address password and after he ran his account up, i reset his password (i knew his address since i kenw him in real life) and took it all back. he had more in there and i gave his password to another friend who he also owed money to. he even called me the next day demanding i give it back!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He spoke to the parents of Dave about the debt,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuff said
Old 10-26-2005, 10:22 PM

I've known several people who have ended up in prison for reclaiming debts or property in similar, but less sophisticated, fashion. Each one was able to rationalize to himself that what he did was perfectly justifiable. Depending on what jurisdiction this is in and how far your friend's friend wants to push this, your friend could end up playing poker for cigarettes for 10-20 years.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 AM

I don't know what the current rate for common sense lessons is these days. But $700 for letting someone else use your poker account to allow that someone else try to pay back a $100 debt isn't all that steep.