Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 11:28 PM

Default *OFFICIAL* Zoo WSOP Raffle, 05/24/05! Details and signup inside!

Yes folks, the raffle is finally set! There are many people to thank for this tremendous opportunity for the zoo and 2+2 as a whole including Tuco, Granny, and especially TruePoker, more specifically David Gzesh for being so helpful, in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined someone being so willing to lend their help to the zoo! Below is the essential information about the raffle, how it will work, when it will happen, what the prize consists of and of course how to register!

Date: Tuesday, May 24th, 10:00PM EST (Yes, you guessed it, right after Bo and Carrie perform their last songs on Idol, in the East that is) Remember this is NOT an actual tourney, this is when the drawing will be made, the tourney will likely lock around 9:00pm EST. I cannot guarantee that the winner will be available at 10PM EST, as I am at the mercy of TruePoker, although they have assured me the information will be available that night.

Available Entries: 110, this is the minimum and maximum for the event, essentially we NEED to hit this number or the tourney doesn't go off, originally it was going to be structured as a sit N' go but I thought having a set time to shoot for was better. So show some zoo pride and sign up!

Format: This was a sticking point for many of you, many of the posters wanted to watch and cheer on their player going all in, however, this was not practical for TruePoker so it will be a behind the scenes raffle, the winner will be announced here in the zoo be myself and David.

Price: $100+$0 (TP is being great about not charging vig even for putting some man hours into this)

Prize: $10,000 USD in WSOP dollars + $1,000 Expenses from prize pool + Additional $1,000 for Expenses from True Poker!!!!! Again, thank you TruePoker!!

How does the WSOP dollars work?: This was another sticking point for many, but it is the fairest option IMHO. Some of you may have already have won a main event seat so this raffle wouldn't help you if it was only for a main event seat, but no worries, if you win this raffle you will get $10,000 to use for WSOP entries to prelim events + the $2,000 to cover your additional hotel/flight charges, wow! Players will need to let either David or I know by Weds whether you want to play in the Main Event otherwise the entry will not be guaranteed as it could get capped at any time, so make sure to be around Wednesday the 25th, otherwise you may get shut out of the Main Event. If you plan on playing in 3-4 other tournies instead also make sure to let David or I know ASAP to receive fax numbers and what not to send your pre-reg forms to.

What if I don't hit exactly hit $10,000 WSOP Dollars?: It is fully expected that the winner will enter as many events as possible for at least $9,000+, the remaining WSOP dollars will be refunded back to player via their TruePoker account!

Why have you opened this up to players already in the Main Event?: I have done this because, although I understand the argument that this raffle was to send a zoo member to the Main Event it doesn't really hold water because if anything this format will allow the zoo to poassibly have someone to cheer for in multiple events (if winner decides to play prelims) rather than just the Main Event, where we already have many 2+2'ers to cheer on.

<font color="red">IMPORTANT NOTE: Please put that you will not be playing the Main Event in your reply if you plan on playing prelims otherwise David will enter you on the 25th of May while in Vegas. This is VERY VERY important! If possible research the WSOP schedule as well so you may get an idea of what prelims you would play, and if possible, post which events you would be in your reply, otherwise PM them to me at a later date, I will be contacting David next week to make sure no one that doesnt want to be in the Main Event gets entered</font>

How do I enter?: Rather than posting the password for public consumption I have decided to distribute by interest and in order of reg date on 2+2. Simply post a reply below this main post with your interest in the raffle and your TruePoker screenname and I will PM you the password on the following basis:

<font color="blue">For those that registered before March 1st, 2003</font> - The password will be sent to you immediately after you post in this thread.
<font color="blue">March 1st, 2003 - December 31st, 2003</font> - Passes will be available Saturday May 21st, from 10pm EST on
<font color="blue">January 1st, 2004 - December 31st, 2004</font> - Passes will be available Sunday May 22nd, from 10pm EST on
<font color="blue">January 1st, 2005 - Present</font> - Passes will be available Monday May 23rd, 10pm EST on

After receiving the password simply logon to the TruePoker software, go to the Tournies tab, and find the 'ZooRaffle' event in that tab, click on it, select register, enter the pass and you are in!

NOtes: This breakdown allows those who have been here the longest to guarantee them a spot in the raffle and will not be run by post count, as we have seen that this means nothing from past experiences that have gone on in the zoo. I will be keeping track of who I send the pass to and am asking all to not give the pass to friends so it remains fair fair. You also do not need to wait to post in the thread until your reg period is here as I will be back recording everyone who is interested in an excel file and sending out passwords when your time comes. IF YOU WANT ME TO EMAIL YOU THE PASS INSTEAD OF PM'ING IT TO YOU SIMPLY PM ME (HERE) OR INSTANT MSG ME (ON AOL IM, sn=Jurollo83) YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO SO!

Other T&amp;C's &amp; Info: Players are fully expected to wear TruePoker gear for whichever events they play in the WSOP, this is more than reasonable since the great people there have kicked in another $1,000 for travel expenses. I will ask that you folks put more than the $100 into their site and play a little as well, their software is great and you just might get hooked, we all owe them that much as they have been great to us here! They also are offering 30% right now on player's first deposit with the site (T&amp;C's apply) and 4 free SNG's to new players as well (T&amp;C's apply)

The list of WSOP events can be found here!

The idea about utilizing the refer-a-friend option was floated in the "Granny goes to Vegas" thread and I cannot emphasize enough the fact the we <font color="red">SHOULD NOT</font> do this, they are already shelling out money for us and I really think they deserve our business for that sole reason, let's not try to fleece them out of any money.

Pre-reg forms for the WSOP can be found here. You will be given a number to fax these to @ TruePoker after the raffle is run on Tuesday.

I will attempt to be around my computer every waking hour I can in the next days to get this thing filled up in time, or else I will look very foolish! If I will be around for any significant amount of time I will give someone else the power of monitoring the thread and sending out passwords.

It is solely the winner's responsibility to book, and pay for flight and hotel charges, expense money from raffle will be dumped into winner's TruePoker account and will thereafter be the winner's responsibility to use for bookings &amp; flights.

Be sure to check in Tuesday night (after 10pm EST) or Wednesday during the day to see if you won the raffle, if you did please PM me your email address and/or AOL IM screenname (whichever is easier to get a hold of you with).

Winner is expected to join myself (jurollo), and other 2+2'ers in Vegas prior to the main event for drinks and a meet and greet!

Most importantly... the winner needs to enjoy Vegas and win big, or have fun trying!

Links:
TruePoker
Deposit via:
Neteller
Firepay
UseMyBank
myCitadel
Or... Visa &amp; Mastercard!!!

Good luck all and thanks again to David and the folks @ TruePoker for being so great to all of us!!! If you have any more questions about the raffle please post them below and I will answer them as soon as possible.

*No worries folks, no referral links here, just want to make sure people can get to TruePoker

Old 05-20-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Zoo WSOP Raffle, 05/24/05! Details and signup inside!

true poker name is grrouchie
Old 05-20-2005, 11:56 PM

TruePoker name is BonoboChimp.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:10 AM

my TruePoker name is heyrocker
Old 05-21-2005, 12:15 AM

TruePoker name is Catfish4u. Thanks alot TruePoker CEO, Tuco, Jurello and others that made this happen. I would be willing to take additional shares if needed.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 12:18 AM

::cough cough:: Jurollo* [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Jim I will keep the additional shares offer in mind Tuesday if we need it.
~Justin
Old 05-21-2005, 12:22 AM

My true pokername is Slacker13. I will be out of town tuesday though. Any suggestions? Thx Jon
Old 05-21-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My true pokername is Slacker13. I will be out of town tuesday though. Any suggestions? Thx Jon

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to be present for the raffle, as long as you are back Weds I have been given fax and cell numbers to reach David Gzesh in Vegas so I would simply PM you my contact info and give you the fax number, or call David to organize it if you will be playing prelims instead of the Main Event. Hope this helps!
~Justin
Old 05-21-2005, 12:26 AM

I'll take a shot, TP name is jasonholdem

[ QUOTE ]
For those that registered before March 1st, 2003 - The password will be sent to you immediately after you post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If only I had signed up a few days sooner...
Old 05-21-2005, 12:38 AM

Just in case anyone has problems finding the tourney, go to the tourney tab, sort my name, scroll all the way down and it will look like this, listed as 'Zoo Raffle'

~Justin