Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 05:29 PM

Default WVU != BCS

Is anyone else as pissed as me that WVU is going to be in a BCS bowl?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: WVU != BCS

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I realize contractual agreements between the conferences and the BCS can't be broken, but if the Big East doesn't get at least one decent team by the time the contract is up for extension (hopefully soon) they must be cut out of the deal.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:35 PM

Yeah, that sucks. Too bad Louisville couldn't beat them this year.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that sucks. Too bad Louisville couldn't beat them this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Louisville doesn't deserve to be in a BCS game either. No one in the conference deserves to be in a BCS game.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 PM

Pitt definitely didn't deserve to go last year, the Big East is a basketball first, football second conference.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)

I was watching the Pitt/Syracuse game Saturday and Pitt is now 3-1 in the conferece. IIRC (and I was in and out of a nap so that is up for debate), I thought that the announcers said if they beat Louisville, UConn and WVU in their final 3 games, they will secure the BCS berth.

Now, I don't think that they will beat Louisville and WVU (and maybe not even UConn), but it would be amazing if a team that lost to Rutgers and Ohio U went to a BCS bowl.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find it anywhere right now, but ND has claim to the BE's auto bid somehow. I think they have to be 5 spots greater than the conference champ in the final BCS standings.

BTW, why is WVU so undeserving if the finish running the table with their only loss being to #3 VaTech? I hate WVU but you can't say they wouldn't be deserving!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, why is WVU so undeserving if the finish running the table with their only loss being to #3 VaTech? I hate WVU but you can't say they wouldn't be deserving!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't beat anyone. Their marquee win is edging out an overrated Louisville team at home by 2 points.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't beat anyone. Their marquee win is edging out an overrated Louisville team at home by 2 points.

[/ QUOTE ]

Utah didn't beat anyone last year so that must mean they weren't any good right? (and let me say that I'm a Pitt fan so that's a hard statement for me to make [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 10-24-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Utah didn't beat anyone last year so that must mean they weren't any good right? (and let me say that I'm a Pitt fan so that's a hard statement for me to make [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember exactly and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure Utah beat everyone by 3 TDs except one game I think they ONLY won by 2 TDs. Utah also scheduled major conference teams. West Virginia has a terrible non-conference schedule to match their equally horrid conference schedule. Plus, I think most people would agree that going into their bowl game last year people thought Utah would compete or beat Pitt. If anyone thinks West Virginia could compete or beat a top 10 team this year they are dillusional.