Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Can This Be Right?

[ QUOTE ]
All these stats have got my head spinning. I use pokertracker, but mainly for the hand playback feature and just to look at very high level stats. All these w$sd, etc stats, I don't quite know how to interpret or compare.

In fact, I no longer even boot up PokerAces HUD when I play since I find the statistics more distracting than helpful. Anyone else feel the same? Tho I do miss being able to see my opponent's hand without looking at 'instant hand history'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phish,

You can do that - use PokerAce just to see the hand. Just go into your layout and click each of the stats that are visible and make them invisible. You will have a layout with no stats at all but you will be able to automatically see your opponents hand at showdown. This should take you about 5 minutes to set up.

If you think you may want to use the stats in the future simply save the layout you have now before you make everything invisible.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: To DpR and phish

<font color="blue"> Getting a good read through stats is often pretty tricky. </font>

Looks like I'm having a hard time getting a good read even from people talking about stats! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All these stats have got my head spinning. I use pokertracker, but mainly for the hand playback feature and just to look at very high level stats. All these w$sd, etc stats, I don't quite know how to interpret or compare.

In fact, I no longer even boot up PokerAces HUD when I play since I find the statistics more distracting than helpful. Anyone else feel the same? Tho I do miss being able to see my opponent's hand without looking at 'instant hand history'.

[/ QUOTE ]

feel the same
Old 12-07-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Phish,

You can do that - use PokerAce just to see the hand. Just go into your layout and click each of the stats that are visible and make them invisible. You will have a layout with no stats at all but you will be able to automatically see your opponents hand at showdown. This should take you about 5 minutes to set up.

If you think you may want to use the stats in the future simply save the layout you have now before you make everything invisible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd also recommend leaving VPIP and PFR just so that you at least have an idea of their preflop range.