Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-04-2005, 05:37 AM

Default BU vs. sansone

4 handed. roma in the sb nederbelg in the bb (roma is a huge fish in these games nedrbelg is overagro and a bit loose. sansone is a solid good player from what i can tell)

sansone raises int he CO, what is your minimum 3 bet hand?

what is your minimum cold call hand and why?

Barron
Old 12-04-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: BU vs. sansone

Very lucky for you that few people know these players by name because if more did you would get laughed out of the building for your reads on them.

2/3 of your player descriptions are soooooo far off.

Anyway, based on my couple thousand hands with sansone I would say that there isn't much need to cold call with ever, and there's no need to try to play a "protected" pot with him because he just plays his own hand and isn't thinking about what a third person could have. So yeah, basically whatever you think is reasonable 3 betting material vs someone who is too loose pre and postflop.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very lucky for you that few people know these players by name because if more did you would get laughed out of the building for your reads on them.

2/3 of your player descriptions are soooooo far off.

Anyway, based on my couple thousand hands with sansone I would say that there isn't much need to cold call with ever, and there's no need to try to play a "protected" pot with him because he just plays his own hand and isn't thinking about what a third person could have. So yeah, basically whatever you think is reasonable 3 betting material vs someone who is too loose pre and postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

apparantly i confused the names but the reads are the same.

sansone is your buddy now that i think about it and can remember.

EDIT; in fact, numerous tails of your exploits now come to mind lol

-Barron
Old 12-04-2005, 06:24 AM

yea your read on Sansone is somewhat comical...if by somewhat comical I mean downright hilarious...FWIW I have seen him go on 20+ hand stretches where he played every pot and opened anyone for a raise he was able to
Old 12-04-2005, 09:48 AM

This was pretty funny. How many hands did you play with sansone before making this read?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:14 AM

I think Cryptologic allows or at least did allow, the same nickname to be used repeatedly within the network.

I am quite sure that the original Sansone was a very big fish, but I think there are AT LEAST 2 or 3 versions of Sansone today. Other well-known "multiple" accounts are amongst other Rolp (also originally, big fish) and KutaKinta.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:29 AM

sansone must have a significant gambling problem if he is a loser in these games...he was sitting with $300k at a 500/1k table the other day.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:36 AM

That is not the same guy.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea your read on Sansone is somewhat comical...if by somewhat comical I mean downright hilarious...FWIW I have seen him go on 20+ hand stretches where he played every pot and opened anyone for a raise he was able to

[/ QUOTE ]

there is NO CHANCE it is the same guy that i used to know and play with. 0%, its not possible. he couldn't have improved that much. at all, no way, no how.

either its a person with the same screen name or a different guy playing the account

Barron
Old 12-04-2005, 01:11 PM

Default THE POINT

there is no way in hell this is the one and only sansone. im not retarded, special, or in any other way gifted enough to confuse the two after 50 or so hands.

i posted this hand because i was considering vastly loosening up, although i didn't. the reason being is that i have two fairly bad players behind me. if i want to play the most possible pots with them (which hands like JTs etc. are all about)then i have to cold call some more hands.

the point is that the 3 betting hands for the most part remain the same (at least for me they did)...its the cold calling hands i should be increasing. i never really did do it that much, and as always thought about it for a while and regretted not playing some of the hands i hesitated in folding allowing sansone to play the worse players more often rather than me. game broke and i thought about it some more and posted.

anyways, if you still want to joke about my read on sansone, im all for it. the bottom line is, this guy did not get out of line one single time or show down a single hand that was even remotely questionable. he cold called rare and was very aggressive postflop. this was not the guy all you were thinking about.

Barron