Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-03-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: TPNK after a LRR

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would raise here, and i also think you might want to bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

youd bet into a LRRer and a big field with a 3 kicker on your king?

how often do you think we are good here?(before the flop gets checked around)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't going to bet when you flop a K, why are you calling raises with K-x?

[/ QUOTE ]

the main reason i played the hand was because it was suited, i dont know, im reading middle limit hold'em and maybe its weak-tightness is rubbing off on me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ill just have to go back to my normal LAG strategy[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

come on hizzle, these guys are just as dumb as the 2/4 ppl you were seeing when I was playing with you, they just have more $$$. If that flop gets checked though, in that big of a pot, no one has a real hand.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded pre-flop because I think K-3 often wins a small pot or loses a big one. And sometimes a limper 3-bets, as happens here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely wrong. If Hero misses the flop and folds, then he loses a small pot. If the flop comes something miraculous like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then he can win a big pot.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:17 PM

2 suited cards vrs. 5 opponents- I'm calling 27s here
Old 12-04-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

come on hizzle, these guys are just as dumb as the 2/4 ppl you were seeing when I was playing with you, they just have more $$$.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have no idea of what youre talking about.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:45 AM

I'm suprised no one has said this yet, but this turn is an absurdley easy raise. Like one of the easiest riases ever. The pot is pretty damn big and it got checked around on the flop. You can obvioulsy fold to a 3 bet, but that is going to extremely uncommon given the flop action. You are raise for a free showodwn here, because a lot of the time kings that have you beat will put in 0 more bets after they call your turn raise. Also, you want to shut out the other players fromt he pot, the chances of one of them having you beat are extremely minute.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

come on hizzle, these guys are just as dumb as the 2/4 ppl you were seeing when I was playing with you, they just have more $$$. If that flop gets checked though, in that big of a pot, no one has a real hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. lol.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:17 PM

Even before the flop comes down, it should be clear that the limp reraiser does not have a big preflop hand like AA KK, or AKs. He's got a suited connector or maybe a dinky little pair but it's mostly a suited conector. If it was UTG who limp reraised preflop, then his most likely hand would be a big mitt like AA et al.

So, you should bet the flop here. It's rainbow and you need to purify the flop. You don't want it to get checked around and give someone a big draw to the river eg. teh 8s comes and gives a guy holding T9 and another guy holding two spades big draws.

Having played it the way you did, you raise the turn here. This is a big pot. I also would not automatically fold if I got 3 bet. It's a big pot...er, I said that already...but a 3 bet now is not reason enough to believe that you are up against a set. I might fold. It depends on who raises and all that. I am just saying that automatically folding to a 3 bet in this huge pot is wrong.