Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM

Default TT OOP

6handed.

i raise TT UTG 1 fold, kinda bad player 3bet, next guy calls 3 cold bb calls 2 i call...

flop Ah8d3h i have no heart. bb checks i bet 3bettor thinks for a second and folds next guy calls bb calls.

turn is 8h bb checks i bet.

Barron

EDIT: rereading this hand i see i [censored] it up...turn completed the flush 8 was paired also.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: TT OOP

This may sound weak, but I'm check folding this flop rather than betting into 3 opponents. The chance that an ace is out is extremely high and the chance of you winning now or with a turn bet are extremely low. Also, you can turn your miracle set and still lose or give someone a redraw which will cause you to lose. I'm not putting any bets in on this flop here.

Jeff
Old 12-02-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This may sound weak, but I'm check folding this flop rather than betting into 3 opponents. The chance that an ace is out is extremely high and the chance of you winning now or with a turn bet are extremely low. Also, you can turn your miracle set and still lose or give someone a redraw which will cause you to lose. I'm not putting any bets in on this flop here.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I would check fold this flop as well, especially against decent opponents capable of raising something like QxKh, which they should be doing. Given the line you took postflop, i like your turn bet.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

i posted it b/c its not normally how i play the hand.

but as i was about to click check, i went though the possible hand ranges that included KJs type hands and pocket pairs and how the 3bettor would probably be forced to fold KK/QQ/JJ to my bet here.

further, i may have the best hand and the pot is fairly decently sized.

i can fold immediately to any action on the flop (or turn).

and turn bet?

Barron
Old 12-02-2005, 03:51 PM

When you get to the turn, I agree with the bet. You have to give these chuckleheads one more chance to lay down their JJ or whatever. But, like I said, I don't get to the turn.

Jeff
Old 12-02-2005, 05:28 PM

My standard is to play it the way Jeffage suggested: check-fold the flop. However, I will also occasionally play it the way you did -- it'll help you get more action when you do have a real hand here. Just don't get too attached to this sort of play.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:29 PM

i cant find any reason to bet the flop.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:18 PM

this is one of those flops where i click the 'fold to any bet' button and pay attention to my other tables.